Page 104 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Well unfortunately today my transmission went out again ): I do not know whats wrong I guess I gotta have it towed for the SECOND time within a week of ownership. This is not cool

Introduction Richard Payne

HI FOLKS, I HAVE BEEN AN AUTOMOTIVE NUT CASE FOR MANY YEARS. I RECENTLY DECIDED TO ENTER THE AUTO DEALERSHIP BUSINESS AFTER BEING IN THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS FOR OVER 30 YEARS. I AM STILL IN RE BUT WITH THE ECONOMY BEING AS BAD AS IT IS AND BUSINESS IS QUITE SLOW; I WAS BECOMING QUITE BORED. I LOVE CARS AND THE VEHICROSS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. MY PARTNER AND I LOVE WORKING WITH THEM AND I HAVE ACQUIRED 4 OF THEM. WE HAVE ALREADY SOLD TWO SO I HAVE HAD MY HANDS ON SIX. WE GO THROUGH THEM AND MAKE ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS. INSTALL HIDs, CHANGE TO SYNTHITIC OIL, CHECK ALL THE FLUIDS, MAKE ALL THE WINDOW REPAIRS, AND INSTALL BACK UP CAMERIAS. WE ARE BUSY SELLING AND BUYING VEHICROSS'S. I AM CURRENTLY DRIVING A FOXFIRE THAT I HAD SHIPPED TO COLORADO FROM MAINE. IT IS TRULY A BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE. MY PARTNER, ANTHONY AND I HAVE GOTTEN QUITE GOOD AT FINDING PARTS AND MAKING REPAIRS.
    MY RESIDENCE IS IN LOVELAND CO AND THE DEALERSHIP, DETAIL DRIVEN AUTOS IS IN FT. COLLINS COLORADO. I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING THE LOCAL MEMBERS.

New owners

Hello all...new owner here, unfortunately for me not the new driver!

After looking long and hard for a vehicle for my son, about to get license, I ran across the VX. Hadn't seen on in a long time, bought a Trooper new in '97 and remember seeing info about it at the dealership. Did a couple weeks worth of searching/bidding on line with no luck. Was getting desperate as this was to be a surprise Christmas present.
    Actually had to start considering a Jeep Liberty!!

Anyway, on my way to work last Monday and I happen to see one at a tire shop. Called up when I got in and asked if it was for sale, guy said it was the owners and he'd ask.
    Owner has had it about a year and a half and after I came by agreed to sell.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da..._1057614_n.jpg

Welcome Skillet.

My son has started driving my VX to school ... that's just wrong on so many levels

If the drivers at your son's school are anything like the ones at my son's, you may want a little extra protection for the rear end. Search this site on SuperBumper and see what a few of us have added. The search function is on the left side of the home page.

Until you get good at the search, here is the thread I was talking about:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ht=superbumper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Smile Deal of my Liftime! 1999 ebony Black

I am a Car/Truck Junkie 25 years old and have owned 83( running interesting vehicles) I Sell New Nissan's and Subaru's and am always looking for neat new toys. I was shoveling snow the other day at work and saw the most beautiful creature riding on a flat bed tow truck being dropped off at MY Service Department! a 1999 Isuzu Vehicross? Had no clue what it was so I started my research. I was and am 100% in love with this strange animal called vehicross! Unfortunatly the engine was blown and the tow truck driver quickly realized he was in the wrong place and left. So I began looking for one! Here is the cool part I had a New customer come in Days later inquiring about the all New 2011 Nissan Juke a small 1.6 ltr Turbo AWD that has the same concept vehicle look. This customer had a very sad story about a black vehicross that recently died and had to get rid of! I Worked very Hard to find them their new Juke and for my troubles they GAVE me there Vehicross! I have to be the Luckiest guy I know even if it needs an Engine. So I am organizing the Axiom Engine swap as I type!

Wish me Luck!

Harold

Hola folks,
    I'm Chris and live in Ft. Worth, TX. I'm going Thursday to buy a 1999 VX Ironman. Is there a heads up on this vehicle that I need to know about?
    Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting y'all...

Hello There!

I'm Tom. Currently researching and on the hunt for a VX.

This would be a DD for me so I can retire my Miata and start to build it into the Autocross car/Mountain road toy I have dreamed up. It will be my third Miata race car, my first that I am building.

Anyway, I live just outside Atlanta and will be buying in the next 2-3mo.

Quote Originally Posted by cdvntx View Post
    Hola folks,
    I'm Chris and live in Ft. Worth, TX. I'm going Thursday to buy a 1999 VX Ironman. Is there a heads up on this vehicle that I need to know about?
    Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting y'all...
    Chris,

The search function on the home page will be a great help to you. I searched on 'new buyer' and came up with this thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ighlight=buyer

There are quite a few owners in your neck of the woods so you may want to contact them if you need any help.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

im john in california...me and the wife flew into baltimore to pick up are yellow VX...the owner suggested we do the transaction at 1 in the morning (the time we arrived) we were leary (for naught)...and he proceeded to drive us to his country home outside the city... we not only got the feel for the vehicle but its current owner as well....we ended up loving and trusting both....we left for california at 3am.... i checked the oil at the first fill up...it was finne and clean....i had no knowledge that these pups consume oil....we drove for 18hrs the first day....2 hrs into the drive on the second day the check engine light came on and i jetted into a gas station with supermarket....come to find the lil guy had consumed 2 & 1/2 quarts of oil....topper her off with fingers crossed....the check engine light went off after the next fill up...but had me pooping bricks...never hesitated or made any foul noises....gobbled thru the in climate weather like it was a sunny spring day....with each passing mile i feel more in love with this truck....i finally have the truck i first saw at the los angeles auto show back in 1999.... everyone here seems as excited about their VX as I....john...aka johnnyO

Welcome VXjunky. Im about 40 miles from you. Great story, must be fate...

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    im john in california...me and the wife flew into baltimore to pick up are yellow VX...the owner suggested we do the transaction at 1 in the morning (the time we arrived) we were leary (for naught)...and he proceeded to drive us to his country home outside the city... we not only got the feel for the vehicle but its current owner as well....we ended up loving and trusting both....we left for california at 3am.... i checked the oil at the first fill up...it was finne and clean....i had no knowledge that these pups consume oil....we drove for 18hrs the first day....2 hrs into the drive on the second day the check engine light came on and i jetted into a gas station with supermarket....come to find the lil guy had consumed 2 & 1/2 quarts of oil....topper her off with fingers crossed....the check engine light went off after the next fill up...but had me pooping bricks...never hesitated or made any foul noises....gobbled thru the in climate weather like it was a sunny spring day....with each passing mile i feel more in love with this truck....i finally have the truck i first saw at the los angeles auto show back in 1999.... everyone here seems as excited about their VX as I....john...aka johnnyO
    OH MY
    You need to read up on the oil consumption issue asap...We all check our oil at EVERY FILL UP, and carry at least 1 qt with us at all times.

Yours sounds like mine.....Mine doesn't consume any UNTIL I do long highway drives of over 5 hrs....then it consumes about 1/2 qt per 8 hrs. I just did a 3,700 mile road trip and had two longer driving days of 8 hrs...both days it gobbled up 1/2 to 3/4 qt. ....but the 4-5 hr drive days none was consumed. Go figure...

Also MUST CHANGE YOUR PCV VALVE at every or every other oil change...

do search on "oil consumption" and PCV valve and you'll find a ton of info.

Here's some of the threads on engine failure, oil consumption, polls, experience, etc....

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...E+FAILURE+POLL

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...E+FAILURE+POLL

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...ngine+oil+poll

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...184#post166184 (particularly starting at post #9)

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...light=axiom+DI

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...light=axiom+DI

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...ght=iamironman

Here's the thread from Iamironman...
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=built+2000

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ine+swap+axiom
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

thanks....

im also trying to gather as much info on the "White Buffalo"...the one and only 2001 white metallic VX produced....its story?...its where abouts... owner?...mileage , condition..ECT ECT

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    im also trying to gather as much info on the "White Buffalo"...the one and only 2001 white metallic VX produced....its story?...its where abouts... owner?...mileage , condition..ECT ECT
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...pearl+colorado
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Well I think my research and "hunting" for a VX is over!!! =D

I'm not getting one.

After reviewing my research I thought, "OK so some VX's have oil issues but about 1/3 have no issues at all, so no big deal (just find the right one) and not great millage but I can live with that."

Then I thought, "wait, just the fact there IS an "Oil Consumption Poll" is a red flag and mpg seems less appealing when I would be spending so much loot on petroleum products so often.

Checking my oil every fill up and getting 11-13mpg is insipid for a Daily Driven vehicle. That's a toy, IMO. That sounds like as much work as maintaining my 2 stroke Odyssey ATV or the 71' VW Westphalia I had. Which, the Odyssey is way more fun to off road with and a whole lot less expensive to fix if I roll it Besides I'm just wanting a 4WD vehicle to get me to work everyday and up to my cabin with less effort.

But thanks for the info and happy motoring.