Page 103 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by iott2551 View Post
    I saw the VX concept at the Atlanta International Auto Show and loved it. I really didn't think they would build it, or if they did, the production version would look nothing like the concept as is so often the case. But they did. Unfortunately I did not have the $30K at the time to get one and then they quit selling them. Nevertheless, I finally made it happen and found this beautiful 2001 Ebony VX with super low miles in Tampa and flew down and bought it.
    congrats ,welcome & happy holidays

Every time I see a Vehicross going down the road, it's like spotting the Lock Ness monster. Now, I just have to look out my window because I finally have one! Only one problem... Driving home from the dealer, the temp started to rise so I pulled over as to not damage the vx. The dealer installed a new radiator, thermostat and water pump before I got it so something is still wrong. The dealer towed it back and is now replacing some water pump components free of charge and will not cash my check until I am fully satisfied. I am super excited to get it back and lift this puppy.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Welcome to the madness,Shawn. Be absolutely satisfied with the vx - and while you are at it, before you drive the vx home, check the oil level. Many vx's have a history of running bone dry and failing. An important test.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Lindberg View Post
    Every time I see a Vehicross going down the road, it's like spotting the Lock Ness monster. Now, I just have to look out my window because I finally have one! Only one problem... Driving home from the dealer, the temp started to rise so I pulled over as to not damage the vx. The dealer installed a new radiator, thermostat and water pump before I got it so something is still wrong. The dealer towed it back and is now replacing some water pump components free of charge and will not cash my check until I am fully satisfied. I am super excited to get it back and lift this puppy.
    Might have them check the fan clutch also. Good luck and welcome to our little addictive world.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Well I guess I shall introduce myself with my story. About 4 months ago or I was driving down the road and glanced at a vehicle I had never seen before and I loved the way it looked as it drove by, so I whipped my less than a year old red Rx8 around to chase it down to see what it was. I caught up to it after a few minutes of weaving in and out of traffic and speeding "just a tad" to catch it. After coming upon it close up I was sold no matter what it was. I didn't see any badges saying what manufacturer but I read "vehicross" down the side. After that I went straight home to do some research and then decided after an hour or so of looking at them that I HAD to own one.

The next day put my Rx8 up for sale and sold it a few weeks later and went on the hunt for a vehicross. I could not find ANY near me for sale and the closest one was a 10 hour drive away. Disheartened I let it pass by and hoped one would pop up near me. Two months or so later one pops up only 5 hours away! It was on ebay and the minute I saw it I called them up and made and offer. A few days later I drove to see it and was sold on it right away. The test drive went great and had no problems and no weird noises but while pulling back into the dealership the check engine light came on my heart just sunk. So we called a mechanic and had him bring a computer out too see what was wrong and he found it was just a bad o2 sensor and so he said come back in an hour and it will be fixed so I left and came back and it was all fixed no engine light nothing. We made the deal signed the papers and I rode off the lot on the way home happy as can be with a new vehicross! but less than 20 miles down the road my transmission went out! just stopped working completely and could only coast into a parking lot to stop. After stopping the whole car went up in smoke. I was so upset at that moment I didn't know how to express myself. I immediately called the dealership back and tried to be nice and just said "well I didn't make it far" and continued on to tell him what happened. After telling him everything, he said he was going too have it towed back to the mechanic and have anything that was broke fixed free of charge and have it shipped back to my front door within a week. So I agreed that it was a pretty good plan. I waited for the tow truck to come and pick up the car then went on home.

Later that week I got a phone call from the dealership telling me that it was the mechanics fault! While replacing the o2 sensor he messed with the transmission fluid lines and did not replace them correctly so all the transmission fluid ran out in the 20 miles and after running out of fluid the transmission just stopped. So he said they replaced the fluid and replaced all of the lines just to be safe and checked out the transmission to make sure nothing had been damaged and he said everything checked out fine. So 2 days later the vehicross is headed to my house and it arrived at my front door this afternoon (Christmas day) at 1 PM. What a nice Christmas present! So after quite an ordeal I am finally the proud owner of a White 1999 ironman vehicross!
    Last edited by Exclamation : 12/25/2010 at 11:16 PM

Whew! now my fingers hurt haha

Quote Originally Posted by Exclamation View Post
    Whew! now my fingers hurt haha
    Holy Moly! You've been through a lot! Welcome to the strange addiction we call VX!

Pics Pics when you can!!

Again, welcome!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Well so much happened so quickly I only got 1 picture... when she was on the tow truck

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da..._6572476_n.jpg
    Last edited by Exclamation : 12/26/2010 at 12:13 AM

I do not know why the picture is so small....

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Well so much happened so quickly I only got 1 picture... when she was on the tow truck

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da..._6572476_n.jpg
    Glad to hear that you were at the mercy of an honest dealer...sometimes quite a rare thing.

If you don't know already, it is VERY important to check the level of your motor oil, EVERY time you fill the tank with gas.

WELCOME...

Thank you! and I will be sure to do that. Being that the Rx8 I had previously also drank up the oil im used to it haha. What kind of oil is best to use?

Wrench

Thank you! and I will be sure to do that. Being that the Rx8 I had previously also drank up the oil im used to it haha. What kind of oil is best to use?
    Personally, I'm an Amzoil fanboy (OK, more like fat old man than "boy")
    Also, there are a lot of Mobil 1 & Royal Purple fans around here.
    There are also some of the persuasion that changing to synthetic is the worst thing you can do...for various rumored reasons.

It all boils down to who's adverts you believe, what you're comfortable with, co$t, etc...do a few site searches on "oil", "oil filters", & "PCV valve" for MANY more opinions...

Also, change the PCV valve every other oil change, (some do it every oil change) & use a good filter, Mobil 1, K & N, & Pure One are among the favorites around here.

Merry chirstmas

This is one of my favorite threats.

To all new members welcome to the VX world.

It's always great and satisfying that after 11 years the VX continues to draw more people to enjoy driving the "ONE - Of - AN - KIND ...The VehiCROSS.

Enjoy your ride guys and have fun
    Dakar was just the begining.

I'm posted as CF in the selling forum. I'm REALLY unfamiliar on how to use this dedication site. I'm (regrettably) trying to sell my VehiCROSS and I know it's helpful to have a picture with the post but I haven't a clue on how to attach one. I am the original owner and LOVE this vehicle but "need" to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by CF View Post
    I'm posted as CF in the selling forum. I'm REALLY unfamiliar on how to use this dedication site. I'm (regrettably) trying to sell my VehiCROSS and I know it's helpful to have a picture with the post but I haven't a clue on how to attach one. I am the original owner and LOVE this vehicle but "need" to sell it.
    This might be helpful...

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...category&cid=7