Page 102 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Talking Virgin eyes!

I saw a black VX driving down Happy Valley Rd and thought it was a brand new model I had never seen before. I GOOGLED VehiCROSS immediately upon arriving home and you all know what happened next... I spent every minute on ebay, GOOGLE, and Yahoo until six days later when I bought my 1999 astral silver VX!!! Now I devide my time evenly between working on the VX and learning how to use this site! Who has an Ebony in Phoenix? My wife wants to know who to blame!

Welcome to all the new VX owners. You've came to the right place for any VX info you might need..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Who has an Ebony in Phoenix? My wife wants to know who to blame!
    According to my recollection.....there's at least four Ebony's in PHX and one in Tucson.

PHX:
    ZubrAZ '99
    phx99blackvx '99
    evoaz '00
    VCAMILO '01

Tucson
    triathlete '99
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hi my name's Rich - pretty new to the forum and to the VX in general.
    Got mine a year ago next week and i absolutely love it! One of my favorite cars that ive ever driven!

Im looking for some fun things to do to it but havent seen much. I wish they made this car longer so there was a bigger 3rd party market but oh well.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by rtormet View Post
    Hi my name's Rich - pretty new to the forum and to the VX in general.
    Got mine a year ago next week and i absolutely love it! One of my favorite cars that ive ever driven!

Im looking for some fun things to do to it but havent seen much. I wish they made this car longer so there was a bigger 3rd party market but oh well.
    Welcome to the forum!!!!

What are you thinking about doing to the VX? I'm always finding new projects for my VX but your right you have to be creative since there is little support from 3rd parties. You can always browse the gallery for new mod ideas... you'll be surprised how many unique VXs are out there.

picked up 2nd Ironman today, was one in Maryland for sale with bad engine, will get some pics tomorrow if rain stops.
    Last edited by yellowgizmo99 : 12/15/2010 at 11:28 AM

Had wanted to own one since its intro in 1997 but.... Finally brought one in from Japan in 2008 (RHD JDM). Mileage was only 58,000. Well taken care of by previous owner. Owing to unique rule here in Singapore, this SUV cannot be legally registered for road use. I have been driving it around using trade plate. If I am not wrong, this ought to be the only Vehicross in this little island.

Hope to take part in off-roading.

It's really cold outside, but there's a happy new VXer inside...

Hi everyone!

First time post, long time lurker. I just purchased my first VX - a 1999 Astral Silver w/ 170,000 miles. Living in the Chicagoland area, it's pretty fitting that I make the purchase on the coldest day of the year so far (windchill of about -10 so far)

The previous owner (or two) were members of this community. In fact, I'm going through the VX Workshop manual CD purchased off Tone's old site as I type this. After I mentioned this website and some of the things I learned about the VX here, the previous owner finally decided to sell her to me instead of some of the other candidates. According to him, the other buyers just kept saying things like 'wow, this thing is so cool...' as he walked them through the test drive. So - thanks to everyone here for helping me get a leg-up on the competition!

The previous owner did follow most of the suggestions found here, including keeping the EGR clean, replacing the PCV often, and keeping her full w/ clean oil. With a garage full of high-mileage cars, he seems to have a pretty good history of keeping cars alive.

Alas, she does suffer from some of the ailments I've read about here. Both windows do bind, the headlights are faded, there's a squeek/rattle from the AC/Heater fan, the cladding is pretty faded, and I just found out the FOB doesn't lock the doors correctly (but the alarm works!). I plan on taking her to the doctor/garage over the weekend for a thorough checkup and then off to the detailers to deal w/ some of the easy cosmetic stuff. None are show stoppers, thankfully.

Although I'm weary of the high mileage engine, for the price, I really couldn't go wrong. Immediately after making the transaction, I took her to the gas station to give her some of the good stuff, and got on the highway to see what she's made of. Smiles all around.

Anyway - I look forward to officially being part of the VX clan. Like many of you, I've always wanted one of these the first time I saw one (at the Chicago autoshow in my case). I have a penchant for unique automobiles, and I love the enthusiasts who appreciate them as well.

Thanks for the time - I look forward to the addiction!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vxaddict View Post
    Hi everyone!

First time post, long time lurker. I just purchased my first VX - a 1999 Astral Silver w/ 170,000 miles. Living in the Chicagoland area, it's pretty fitting that I make the purchase on the coldest day of the year so far (windchill of about -10 so far)

The previous owner (or two) were members of this community. In fact, I'm going through the VX Workshop manual CD purchased off Tone's old site as I type this. After I mentioned this website and some of the things I learned about the VX here, the previous owner finally decided to sell her to me instead of some of the other candidates. According to him, the other buyers just kept saying things like 'wow, this thing is so cool...' as he walked them through the test drive. So - thanks to everyone here for helping me get a leg-up on the competition!

The previous owner did follow most of the suggestions found here, including keeping the EGR clean, replacing the PCV often, and keeping her full w/ clean oil. With a garage full of high-mileage cars, he seems to have a pretty good history of keeping cars alive.

Alas, she does suffer from some of the ailments I've read about here. Both windows do bind, the headlights are faded, there's a squeek/rattle from the AC/Heater fan, the cladding is pretty faded, and I just found out the FOB doesn't lock the doors correctly (but the alarm works!). I plan on taking her to the doctor/garage over the weekend for a thorough checkup and then off to the detailers to deal w/ some of the easy cosmetic stuff. None are show stoppers, thankfully.

Although I'm weary of the high mileage engine, for the price, I really couldn't go wrong. Immediately after making the transaction, I took her to the gas station to give her some of the good stuff, and got on the highway to see what she's made of. Smiles all around.

Anyway - I look forward to officially being part of the VX clan. Like many of you, I've always wanted one of these the first time I saw one (at the Chicago autoshow in my case). I have a penchant for unique automobiles, and I love the enthusiasts who appreciate them as well.

welcome

and congrats!!!

iam also in chicago and have a 1999 Astral !!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vxaddict View Post
    Hi everyone!

Looks to me like you gonna fit in real good around here...WELCOME!...

If you can't tell, I instinctively like people who do their homework...

Thanks! Is there a future Chicago meet anytime soon? I'd love to meet all of the locals VXers once we all defrost ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by ibmx2 View Post
    welcome

and congrats!!!

iam also in chicago and have a 1999 Astral !!

Thanks Ldub! I tend to do my homework when it comes to cars/trucks. In the days prior to the purchase, this site has been the last thing on my browser before I passed out for bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Looks to me like you gonna fit in real good around here...WELCOME!...

If you can't tell, I instinctively like people who do their homework...

Introduction

HI GANG, I am a certified automotive nut job from way back. I am probably older than most of you but, still move and sound young. I have always owned way too many cars, as many as 7 at the same time. I have been a Real Estate broker for over 30 years. My son is a auto nut job too! I offen refer to it as a disease. My grandson can idenify cars going by and he is only four.
    Since the real estate industry is so slow right now and I need to feed an addiction; I just decided to get a dealer's license. What is this that without one I can only sell 3 cars in a year? So now I own 4 Vehicrosses as well as 20 other misc. cars and SUVs. Most are for sale or will be for sale. Myself and a much younger partner/detailer/mechanic are starting to know these vehicles well. We purchase, go over, make repairs, add HIDs, back up cameria and change all fluids and super detail each one we get our hands on.My partner Anthony loves them too and enjoys working on them.
    I am currently driving a FireFox that I transported from Maine to Colorado. We are in Ft. Collins/Loveland. It is absolutely beautiful and is one of the few I have seen with a sunroof.I would upload you folks a picture with this letter if I saw a way to do that.
    I would like to purchase more VehiCrosses, I told you I have an addiction, and we are thinking of a parts car etc. We even are thing of bringing them back from the grave. If I can be of help let me know. 970-412-8414 RICH

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome to the addiction!

I believe that there are pics of your Firefox in the Vehicles for Sale section. It is very nice indeed.

You'll find a great group here that is very diverse in it's opinions and very passionate about the VX...it's a great site for help and sharing of ideas and some fun (usually at others expense).

Make the search function your friend and enjoy the ride.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I saw the VX concept at the Atlanta International Auto Show and loved it. I really didn't think they would build it, or if they did, the production version would look nothing like the concept as is so often the case. But they did. Unfortunately I did not have the $30K at the time to get one and then they quit selling them. Nevertheless, I finally made it happen and found this beautiful 2001 Ebony VX with super low miles in Tampa and flew down and bought it.