Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Black Rock Mountain 2004

Black Rock Mountain 2004

It's once again time to begin discussion on the Black Rock Mountain meet. This will be the 2nd annual event, featuring VX owners from Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and places not yet determined (I believe a dozen or so VXers appeared last year). Last year we had a blast with quite a large showing over the spring break weekend. The meet is held at the Black Rock Mountain campsite in North Georgia, minutes from the Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina borders.

The meet features beautiful, scenic camping, hiking trails, off-road excitement and great company. Typically we break up into groups of modifiers, 4-wheelers, nature enthusiasts, etc, then reassemble for common meals. In order to reserve the campsite, we'll need to get this together within the next week or so.

I have pics of the meet here:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...at=536&thumb=1

Everyone is invited so if you're interested in participating, please post on this thread.

-- Best, John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Thumbs up

Just say when!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

OOHHH YEAHHH

It could happen... Maybe for me....

Hey crager34,

You're more than welcome to come! Everyone is invited. Last year the weekend was warm and beautiful, even though it was foggy and cool on the mountain. I'm hoping that dyanni can show up for this one.

For those of you who don't camp, there are lodges and hotels around the city of Clayton. The campsite itself has many amenities, including real bathrooms with running water and showers.

Last year we had a big pot of shrimp (brought by lori) and smoked Alaskan salmon (brought by gruven). There was also some VX Caviar provided by skullcap! I'll continue to post more information as the meet develops.

-- Best, John

I talked to BigMike today, and I think he's gonna try making it in his new Axiom. I also talked to him about his VX on eBay and he told me it was about $15K in repairs for his accident. Interesting, no?

-- Best, John

John,

Let me know when you guys are planning the meet. Suzanne and I might be able to come down from the great white north for the weekend. I have vacation May 10-15, and we were planning to head to the Bluridge Parkway in Virginia and camp. If there is Salmon involved in the meet I'll take off work for sure. Di d you catch the hint Gruven??? Hope all are well in the South..

Mike,Suzanne and Autumn
    AKA: VXtreme

Originally posted by VXing
    I have vacation May 10-15, and we were planning to head to the Bluridge Parkway in Virginia and camp.
    OK, as soon as you log in, and you look at that front page what is happening May 12-15th? MOAB! I guess I'm just jellous about the huge Isuzu meet, if I lived in the lower 48 I would be there for sure! As for the salmon if your ever in AK I can take you fishing.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

AlaskaVX,

When I'm done with residency I'll give you a call. I was in Alaska in the 80's. It was the most beautiful place I had ever been. We traveled to every corner possible. I think about the scenery and wildlife often. As for fishing, I would love to fly fish some streams up there.
    Unfortunately, Moab is a little far for a weeks vacation, some day I'll make it.

Best,
    Mike

Talking

Hey John, Our spring break runs from April 9th-18th. So I'm good for anytime during that week+. I would be happy to go early and set up base camp...just say the word. Used seam sealer on the tent too . Hope this year is bigger and better!
    carlymac '99 IRONMAN , #0278, Hendersonville, Tn.

I'd like to try for the weekend of the 16/17/18th. I think I'll try to take that friday off so I can come up to the campsite Thursday evening.

Hey Carl - if you could set up base camp once again I think it will ensure the success of this meet. Your efforts last year certainly provided the foundation for one of the best meets I've ever attended.

I'm hoping most if not all the members that attended last year will attend again this year. I know Lori is now in MO someplace, so we'll miss she and her puppies (unless we can really, really twist her arm!). I'm hoping even more will be interested in coming. Nivd? Skullcap? Forgetful? Where is everybody?

-- John

I believe work is keeping Niv really busy flying up to Jersey every weekend or something like that. He hasn't been able to make a few of the FL meets lately. Don't know about Skullcap, but I've met them both too and they'd be great company if they can make it. I can also try to round up the other Jacksonville VXers.

Now whether or not I can make it. I'd sure like to, but I know my wife is going to be out of town around then and I may have to stay home. I will certainly try.

Count me in...

The Kenai was very kind to me last summer so VXing, if you want to help again with grill duties, I can assure a full belly. Maybe a little Crown to wash it down?? Fly rod? Big to Suzanne!!!

Carlymac- road trip time again?? I can help with preperations if you like. I'll make sure not to miss the cars flipping next to us this time!! Glad to hear about the seamsealer;pg;

Sorry I missed your call John, I'll track you down this week when I come up for air.

This was a VERY enjoyable experience for me last year. My VX was about a month old and to see all of the mods in person was great (and $$;eekg; ).

Those VX's sure pick out some cool people....

-gruven
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

When is this going down?

The official date will probably be April 16th-18th. This is towards the end of spring break and the weekend after Easter. We're still formalizing the dates and such. I think Carl and possibly others will arrive earlier in the week and get in some fly fishing and R&R before the meet.

Got a call from Alex (skullcap) yesterday and he's in for at least a day, maybe more.

Also ran into BigMike today at the Atlanta Auto Show and it looks like he's in.

-- Best, John

John about how longs is the drive from ATL? Would love to try and make it... need to get some one to watch the 3 dogs, or I could bring them.

-Dave