Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Girl VX Owners Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Girl VX Owners Roll Call

I know there arent many of us compared to the boys, but I'd like to get a count of the girl VX owners.
    And maybe answer these questions:

1. What possessed you to buy a VX?
    2. Is it a boy magnet for you as it is for me? (Juicy stories can be emailed to me)
    3. What is your line of work and play?

Girls unite!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    ;pp; Hi Girls!

1) It looks AWESOME, and I have always liked 4 wheel drive trucks that are different looking.

2) Not much of a boy magnet for me, but I might look mean when I drive, not sure! I have had much better luck in that department with every other vehicle I have had!! I was better lookin when I was younger also!!

3) I am a Neurotology Nurse for 2 surgeons (ears only, and nerves of the ears) Very highly specialized field, only 4 in Austin and I work for two of them. I am also a Massage Therapist, but only work on people I know. I like to work out, getting there is hard, but it sure feels good when I am done. I also like to see movies, go to concerts of good hard rock, and just relax with my dog. I need to "depressurize" after having to be nice to people all day, so I kinda like to be by myself for a little bit to do that. And I LOVE Las Vegas!!! Anita, maybe you and Lisa K. can meet my friends and I when we get together up there!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Originally posted by VX crazy
    ;pp; And I LOVE Las Vegas!!! Anita, maybe you and Lisa K. can meet my friends and I when we get together up there!
    I'm game! Wow, could we possibly have a VX Meet in Las Vegas???

Hmmmmmmmm..........

Wheeeew, ONLY two ViXens, that's a relief, wouldn't want my VX to be thought of as a girly car.
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

Guess again california..

There are more of us.. just not posting here. I know of 10 at the moment.

And for the girly comment, I didnt realize that the VX was a "boy" truck. Seemed to me that it is unique and not a truck to be labeled in any way....

BTW.. my other car is a girly 68 Pontiac GTO.

;Dr;
    Last edited by Anita : 12/21/2002 at 05:28 PM

Originally posted by Anita
    Guess again california..

There are more of us.. just not posting here. I know of 10 at the moment.

And for the girly comment, I didnt realize that the VX was a "boy" truck. Seemed to me that it is unique and not a truck to be labeled in any way....

;Dr;
    Burn

All in fun guys... all in fun. Somehow I knew that if I started a post calling for all the girls to answer, you great guys couldnt stay away!

We luv women with great taste in vehicles

Red face

Originally posted by Anita
    Guess again california..

;Dr;
    Anita.............

I luv you.......;Dr;

Great taste in cars. A VX and 68 Pontiac GTO. Now, if you have a 1970's Ford GT-40 we are in love............

I think I have one in the trunk!

;Dr;

I've always been what people call a tomboy, but now that I'm 37, I understand that the term is a misnomer. I don't want to be a boy, or act like a boy, or be 'tough' like a boy. I love being a woman, I just never liked dolls and dresses. I've always loved horses, helicopters, trucks and the outdoors. I was drawn to the VX because it looks like how I feel inside; beautiful and strong. It attracts on a level I can't describe. As a volunteer firefighter, I find that the VX comes in very handy in those hard-to-reach places and can get me to the fire station - 6 miles away over twisting, winding, hilly roads - in under five minutes. As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I can go anywhere, follow powerlines way back into the woods over the roughest of roads to take the good news of God's kingdom to everyone, just as Jesus commanded. It also provides an excellent conversation piece that helps me, a shy person, talk to people I don't know...like you.

I'm a housewife who writes novels. I'm almost done with my second book, "The Lagomorph Project", which I hope to submit to a publisher by March, 2003.

I don't think it's a guy-magnet for me, but since I'm married, I'm not looking anyway.
    Return evil for evil to no one...as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men. Romans 12:17, 18

Cool

1) Why did I get a VX? Well, my husband was looking at them and there was only one on the lot so of course, I had to get it! Just kidding (kind of) - I thought it was really neat looking - I saw it for the first time and purchased it within an hour - never even realizing what I had just bought. I am so glad I just did it!!

2) Yes, I do catch a lot of guys looking at it - I don't really ever talk to them since I am such a ditz about mechanical stuff but I am hoping that will all change (the ditzy part) once I learn about all the stuff on these forums.

3) I am a cost accountant for a bankrupt company looking forward to my unemployment vacation. Hopefully, it will allow me some time to go to some of the VX meets around the country.

Noobee reviving an old thread

Hi, Lauren here, female VX owner.

My motto is "Cute yet Dangerous ". I love things that are pleasing to look at but can also do some damage (like myself). My former cars were a '82 Subaru Brat and a '92 Toyota MR2. I used to be a firefighter and sharpshooter in the army.

With apologies to StormTROOPER I like the VX because it has a short wheel base, curvy lines, and a bouncy ride, which in car terms make it cute. Yet it's got a relatively big engine, squinty headlights, and serious off-road ability, that makes it dangerous. I think that gives the VX not squeemish and frilly feminity, but more like a lioness' matriarchal bearing.

Now I fix computers, administer networks, and create web sites.

I also live in Las Vegas, so girls, we can have a get-together when you're ready.
    I Loved My Space Buggy

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Nice color change on the flyin' VX.

Since most women are not into cars and motorcycles and stuff like that the same way that guys are, I think guys really like it when there are women they can share the obsession with. I tend to think that any woman who is into the VX has got to be pretty cool. I stopped by to find the owner of one I keep seeing and it was a young lady and immediately she saw our twin VX's outside over my shoulder and this huge grin spread across her face and she was pretty cool. I see lots of women riding on cruiser-type motorcycles, hanging onto some guy, but I don't hardly EVER see a girl by herself riding her very own sportbike. Then one day recently I saw one in a jacket like the racers wear and tight jeans roll in, take off her helmet and get off of a GSX-R750, and for me at least, there's just something as sexy as can be about that. :-) I'm telling ya, I'm normally kinda reserved, but if I were single and that came along... LOL! You just do not see that much around here and it was great to see her marching to the beat of her own drum, ya know?

Leah, I see you're in Florida - cool! We'd love to have you at one of the meets, and my dream is to fly helicopters! And what's The Rabbit Project about? :-)

Vasha13, I did the same thing... got the thing and only then learned what I had. I did not know there even were 2000 or 2001 VehiCrosses until I found this forum a day or two after I brought the thing home. :-) All I knew is I'd seen one at a car show years ago and fell in love, and saw one rarely on the road and needed a drool bucket. I'd never seen anything but a black, white, or astral silver one before that either, so although I really like the Protons too, I never knew they existed until after the fact.

Nerfzooka - the sharpshooter thing is interesting enough, but you also had a '92 MR2? You're awesome. :-) Before the VX, that was the car I had to have but never did. I wanted a '92-'95 Turbo (after '91 they had dual airbags). That's a car some people will say is girly for reasons I don't quite get, because it's really an adolescent Ferrari. Never been much into the newer ones, though - the '91-'95 styling is my thing.