Thread: Carbon Fiber hood insert!!

Carbon Fiber hood insert!!

does anyone know where i can get my hands on a carbon fiber hood insert. i saw a picture of smoeone with the insert and i was wondering where you got it and how much did you pay. anyone with any information, please hook me up. post a reply or hit me up at my email, haiyeec@eden.rutgers.edu. thanks guys

I believe Roy "Newthings" has one supplied by Albert "N1"..

Roy??
    Scott / moncha.com

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012

CF Hood Insert Experience

That's true.
    So far, so good.
    Going through the first cold spell now. I sent N1 comments on shortening the bolt length and having no thin section around the squirters. ( A dimple forms when tightening the squirter nuts.) Surface finish is not 'Dead Flat', as in block sanded, but this is a very minor issue and probably related to this being a prototype. Semi-gloss or flat finish would mask this, if it is typical in CF laminates.
    I have not heard from N1 but I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Roy

so N1 designs the carbon fiber hood insert? im not understanding it all. i wanna know how much it costed you and where i can get it at. thanks.

Ok, here's the deal... N1 was putting together a group buy. He has someone who helps him develop each piece he makes out of CF (hood piece, mirror covers, etc...). He tells everyone how much they are going to be, what the deposit is to have them start making yours, and about how long he thinks it will take.

Before he got a chance to start pushing them out N1 had an accident outside of his home and hurt his knee pretty bad. Everything (CF and chrome items) have been put on hold for the time being. I believe he said he was working on getting already finished CF pieces out, but the chrome stuff is being controlled by Isuzu Japan and they are being *****'s about not getting the items out until the whole order is complete.

So, your answer is... find N1's contact info, email or call him, find out how long it would take to get a hood piece and how much it will cost... because most of us at this point are somewhat in the dark. I'm not upset about it, I'm just not sure exactly what the status is as of today on the manufacturing and shipping of all orders.l

aite man, thanks for filling me in.