Thread: Lighting question... probably kinda stupid question... but...

Lighting question... probably kinda stupid question... but...

If you have been following my conversion process, you already know that I have chosen to gut ALL wiring from the front clip of my VX. I will be rewiring EVERYTHING up front point-by-point... I however have what might sound like a silly question... but... have to ask it.

When you turn on Parking Lights... what all comes on?

When you turn on Headlights... what all comes on?

When lights are ALL off, and you turn on a right turn signal, what lights flash? How about left turn?

All lights I can think of right now are the headlights, horn lights, round "driving" lights, side marker lights... am I forgetting anything? I need to know as much info as possible so I can rewire things over the next day or two. I will hopefully be ready to drop the motor into the VX sometimes this weekend... hopefully. Of course, it will be a mock-up that will have to be removed later most likely. I still need to get my T-case issues taken care of... and maybe my front axle needing to be dropped.

Anyway... I digressed... I need some description of what lights are on when... OR I could just make them do WHATEVER I wanted them to do.

TTYL!
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!)

My 2000 Ironman VX!... Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18's on stock 18" rims, Power Vault Muffler, Tone Monday's custom tow package, OME 912 Springs, custom audio/video/multimedia computer system in the works! Transformation to LS1 V-8 Power as we speak!
    My Webshots Gallery...

When the Parking lights are on...the round lights, side lights and the horn lights come on

When the Head Lights are on...the round lights, the horn lights, side lights and the headlights come on.

When all lights are off... only the right blinker flash when you turn right...only the left blinker when you turn left.

Someone want to double check to see if this is correct...don't want to be giving someone false data...
    ________
    Child Wellbutrin
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:44 PM

Originally posted by MZ-N10
    When the Parking lights are on...the round lights, side lights and the horn lights come on
    The dash lights come on as well.

Originally posted by MZ-N10

When the Head Lights are on...the round lights, the horn lights, side lights and the headlights come on.

When all lights are off... only the right blinker flash when you turn right...only the left blinker when you turn left.

Someone want to double check to see if this is correct...don't want to be giving someone false data...
    Kew kewl... one thing I was wondering though... I have noticed SOME cars will have the SIDE marker lights blink when the front turn signals blink... only oposite of each other meaning... when the left FRONT turn signal is lit, the side marker light is NOT lit, when the front turn signal is NOT lit, the side marker light IS lit. Did that make ANY sense? Just cursious.

Dallas4U-
    Thanks for your input! I might have FORGOTTEN to light up my dash cluster! LMAO! I guess I did ask if I was missing anything though... so I asked for that! THanks!

TTYL!

Coach!

Originally posted by coachreed
    Kew kewl... one thing I was wondering though... I have noticed SOME cars will have the SIDE marker lights blink when the front turn signals blink... only oposite of each other meaning... when the left FRONT turn signal is lit, the side marker light is NOT lit, when the front turn signal is NOT lit, the side marker light IS lit. Did that make ANY sense? Just cursious.

Mine is one of those some. My turn signals work that way.

-Daver
    -Daver

That is really the norm for most vehicles anymore. Don't forget the tail lights, rear sidemarkers, and license plate lights work with both the parking lights and headlights.
    ________
    og kush marijuana
    Last edited by skunkworks : 02/02/2011 at 10:12 PM

Sidemarkers don't flash from the factory.

Originally posted by AREA 51
    Sidemarkers don't flash from the factory.
    Well, I got mine with 7 miles on the clock, and my side markers flash without modification.

Go figure, eh?

-Daver