Thread: A few new pictures... will add more to this page as it goes...

A few new pictures... will add more to this page as it goes...

I found my OTHER memory card for my digital camera... so here are a few pictures. I'll post more later as they are available. I just added a couple pictures of the short-block, as well as some pictures of the metal shavings I found in the oil pan, and also pictures of the old and new transmissions side by side.

http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx20...sion/pics.html

TTYL!
    Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!)

My 2000 Ironman VX!... Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18's on stock 18" rims, Power Vault Muffler, Tone Monday's custom tow package, OME 912 Springs, custom audio/video/multimedia computer system in the works! Transformation to LS1 V-8 Power as we speak!
    My Webshots Gallery...

did you blow a rod or something? is that why the whole swap is happening?

where did the shavings come from?

The best I can figure, I spun a rod bearing... I think the shavings are rod bearing... not sure though. I was gonna pop the pan off, but I ended up stripping out one of the MANY oil pan bolts that are allen key... and I don't really care enough to fight it to find out. Yeah, the swap is happening because of this... I don't care to go BACK to stock and have this happen again... I have NEVER had a motor problem like this before... so this motor scares me... not to scare anyone else... just that I have logged over a million miles since I have started driving... no, I don't think I'm exagerating... and I have never totally lost a motor. Anyway... if I get bored another day, I'll finish taring the motor down... until then... I don't care! lol

TTYL!

Coach!

just uploaded some new pictures... lemme know if the link works or not... I just tested it all... and then a friend said nothing but red x's! I hate Geo****ties! Geesh!

BTW, picture include weeded out mess of wires and also transmission output shaft pictures.... TTYL!

Coach!

Question, is that a porche rim in the back ground?

Keep up the good work my friend

P.S

extras2.jpg link to pic does not work. I see the small one but not the enlarged image, getting the follwing:

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."
    Live Free or DIE!

Originally posted by VehiX
    Question, is that a porche rim in the back ground?

Keep up the good work my friend

P.S

extras2.jpg link to pic does not work. I see the small one but not the enlarged image, getting the follwing:

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."
    Thanks for the insight on the page... I think I will eventually get away from Geocities... until then though, its "redXville"! As for the Porsche wheel... yeah, its a Porsche 911 Turbo wheel... the full set of them attached to my other project... my 78 Super Beetle Project car... after the VX is done, I will return to work on that... its been dormant for almost two years now... but with this project Ihave found new motivation... will continue and get that thing done... some of the mods on it are 911 wheels, 944 brakes, 914 motor, 911 headlights in wider fenders and New Beetle Taillights... aynway... back on subject... I'll check out the Geocities page and see what gives. Might be the traffic.. not sure.

TTYL!

Coach