Thread: Jumped my VX but reversed the cables. Now it won't start. Any help?

Jumped my VX but reversed the cables. Now it won't start. Any help?

I wasn't paying full attention, headphones were on, and I reversed the cables when jumping my VX. It fried the cables, melted the plastic cover. Things were smoking. The horn started blasting and I yanked the cables from the battery. Now my VX won't click over. However, the horn, headlights and lights on dashboard all work. The windows, unlocking the doors, turn signals do not work. Because it doesn't click over, I tried replacing the starter relay switch but that did not help. I must have fried or popped something, like a fuse, but I can't make sense of the fuse box, meaning which one could be the culprit, if any. Anyone have any suggestions, recommendations before I hire a tow truck and have it hauled in for diagnosis? Thanks. Best. H. Diaz. Austin, TX

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Hey try over on the Facebook group too. Not many active here like there use to be.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Try This

Quote Originally Posted by hxdiaz View Post
    I wasn't paying full attention, headphones were on, and I reversed the cables when jumping my VX. It fried the cables, melted the plastic cover. Things were smoking. The horn started blasting and I yanked the cables from the battery. Now my VX won't click over. However, the horn, headlights and lights on dashboard all work. The windows, unlocking the doors, turn signals do not work. Because it doesn't click over, I tried replacing the starter relay switch but that did not help. I must have fried or popped something, like a fuse, but I can't make sense of the fuse box, meaning which one could be the culprit, if any. Anyone have any suggestions, recommendations before I hire a tow truck and have it hauled in for diagnosis? Thanks. Best. H. Diaz. Austin, TX
    The battery may have been ruin. I would try a brand new battery or even try a battery from another car.
    if there is a dead cell it will not start.
    Good luck

Also on these if battery is to low the VX will give off a clicking sound.