Thread: 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition

1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition

Unfortunatly I have to sell my 1999 Vehicross Ironman. I am located in Edison, NJ right near Rt1 and other major highways. The body is in very good shape with only minor paint dings which were touched up. The body cladding is in great shape as well with all the button head fasteners in place. The front hood Ironman insert has been repainted satin black with the 'IRONMAN' logo in silver and stainless steel allen head fasteners holding it down (replacing the glued on fasteners from the factory). The interior is original except for a Pioneer stereo in place of the factory one with the special edition Ironman themed Recaro red and black leather seats front and rear. The rear are like new and the front have some wear but no rips or holes. Carpeting is in decent shape but does show wear under the floor mats. The dash has no cracks in the padding and is also in excellent shape. The center console arm rest does have wear from people resting their elbow on it while driving but replacement covers are available on ebay. The wheels were upgraded to M/T Aluminum 8 hole wheels with BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2's (245/75R16) all around. Underneath the exhaust was replaced 2 years ago with all new parts and the brakes were replaced as well as all front wheel bearings. There is no looseness in the suspension and the original shocks still work. Also, out back there is a class III trailer hitch installed with tail light connector. The original drivetrain with a 4 speed automatic and 3.5L V6 engine works well and has 165,222 miles on the odometer. The engine is in decent shape and runs well and the timing belt was replaced with a new Gates belt but the Check Engine light is on. Also of note, the ABS light does come on at times and other times is off. The brakes work fine though when the light is on the Antilock braking feature does not pulse. Also, there is a new Champion battery under the hood. I am asking $6500.

Check out the pics in the listing on Craigslist here: https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/met...037011634.html

For info or to check it out please message me through the Craigslist link also. Thanks, Steve

Here is the checklist.
    If you are selling your VX, Post this list and answers to help it sell faster.

~Any service history records? No

~How long have you owned it? 5 years

~Electric windows work properly or bind? Work

~Condition of window rubber track/gaskets...(many have ripped or been cut) Good

~Look behind door panels to see if vapor barrier is present - (may indicate previous work on windows) Yes (I worked on the windows so they now work).

~Window regulator /motor been replaced? Yes, drivers side

~SBC brackets ever installed on windows? No, rollers installed.

~Any oil consumption noted, under ANY conditions? (some seem to consume a little when on prolonged highway driving) Yes, needs a quart once in a while.

~Chrome wheels peeling? (many peeled on the inner side) No, M/T Aluminum wheels

~ABS - Any ABS light problems? Make sure ABS light comes on when key is first turned to ON position. If not, could a problem and / or bulb has been removed. Note, many have disconnected ABS system, or never repaired it when it went out, and truck seems to function fine (just no ABS). Light is currently on but sometimes is out (and ABS works then).

~OEM CD player still work correctly or ERR3 code? Any jammed CDs? No OEM CD player. Upgraded to Pioneer stereo with CD.

~Any problems with TOD? No

~Any clunking when decelerating or accelerating? No

~Brand & model of tires & approx tread remaining- BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 with approx 1/4 tread remaining.

~Do all 4 tires match in brand, size, model, AIR PRESSURE & wear? (TOD system will often make severe clunking noises if all 4 aren't pretty "equal" in all these terms) Yes.

~How long have these current 4 tires been on? 3 years.

~Timing belt changed? Yes

~Original OEM brake pads or replacements? Replacements.

~Any fluids dripping, ever? Yes, rear pinion has slight leak.

~Last time & what fluids have been changed? Oil and Trans fluid last year.

~What type of fluids (synthetic oil or regular, motor oil, diff, tranny, transf case)? Regular stock fluids used.

~Evaluate/describe condition of all cladding - scrapes, holes, deformation, dryness, chalky appearance, any evidence of being "painted" in any way? Small scrapes on lower edges near corners. Looks good overall tho and not grey/chalky.

~Are all cladding screws present? Any striped? Yes all persent, none stripped.

~Condition of 4 screw knobs on inside rear door panel (often break off). One missing, others work.

~Condition of inside door opening handle/levers & mechanism (sometimes broken). Both work.

~Any unusual /excessive vibrations - very subjective of course. No.

~Any problems with motor mounts? No.

~Determine the history of the car's physical location, if possible (i.e. East Coast, potential rust, desert sun (UV), etc). East coast (me and PO).

~Inspect thoroughly for rust!!
    Any evidence of rusted bolts anywhere? Trans cross memmber bolts were rusted (replaced).
    Is rear gas tank skid plate or tail pipe showing rust? Underside components do show rust in places.

~Status of front bumper reinforcement bar? (Often rusts off completely). Last time I looked inside the cladding it was intact.

~Status of rear license plate light/socket/bracket -(often severely rusts) -will give indication if it was in a rust belt area. Seems good.

~Condition of paint - Describe. (fading, chipping, scratches, repainted areas). Good overall but some small chips in front hood (PO touched up).

~Condition of hood insert - Describe. (very often cracked). Like new. The epoxied bolts had let go. I removed the hood insert and repainted. Also had a new decal made and installed. Replaced underside (epoxied) mounting hardware stainless allen head through hardware.

~Condition of plastic headlight housings - any crazing, fogged, cracked, etc...or been restored/polished, etc....(very often cloudy/fogged). Housings restored with 3M polishing and coating package. Clear.

~Rubber headlight gaskets- present at all?, ripped, condition. Present and good condition.

~Evaluate engine bay- clean? dirty? Any evidence of leaking fluids (old or new) of any type?? Evaluate fluid levels. Needs a cleaning but not horrible. Valve cover gaskets could use replacing.

~Evaluate air filter- excessively dirty? OEM or after-market? Replaced. Prob 1/2 life left.

~Has muffler ever been replaced? What's the status of the current muffler? Rusted, surface rust, etc? OEM, after-market? (Since, as I understand it, these mufflers are no longer available, so an aftermarket one with some modification to the pipes may be required.). I replaced the entire exhaust with new. Currently has some surface rust from use.

~Has it had to go through emissions testing recently? (Some states require for registration, some don't). Yes, failed due to CEL being on.

~Ever been lifted or torsion bars cranked? No.

~Condition of CV joints? (Can be damaged after being lifted). Good, no noise.

~Battery- status, condition and age. New, just replaced.

~Any unusual flashing of any lights on dash or shifter? (Mode selection switch may be bad). CEL light on and ABS light on intermittantly.

~Any odors inside, such as smoke? No.

~Condition of leather seats...scrapes, rips, tears, wear, abrasion, driver's side seat bolster. Decent condition but drivers seat shows some wear on bolsters.

~Condition of center console padded armrest -(very often cracked and split where driver's elbow has rested on it). Yes, cracked.

~Condition of leather steering wheel - (often heavily scraped up). Good condition.

~Condition of levers that bring seat back forward to allow access to rear seats (often broken). Good condition.

~Does it have an OEM roof rack? No.

~Are OEM rail caps in place and/or available? No.

~Ever taken off road? Not by me. Don't know if PO did.

~OEM or after-market tail pipe? Aftermarket.
    ~Status of tail pipe - any deformation may indicate off road use. No, replaced.

~Status of rear lower cladding & rear gas tank skid plate- scrapes may indicate off road use. In good condition.

~Status of undercarriage overall - scrapes, damage, etc... may indicate off road use. Good condition but some rust.

~Any known repairs? No

~Any extra parts on hand? Yes

~Any modifications done previously that have now been removed? Describe. No
    Last edited by quikride86 : 12/17/2019 at 09:06 AM