Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Hood Inserts & Other Parts.

Carbon Fiber Hood Inserts & Other Parts.

I've been talking with a guy locally where I live and he is doing molds for fiberglass and carbon fiber. I'm going to let him take parts off of my vehicle to make the molds. Unlike most custom applications for our vehicles, this will not require a certain amount of buyers, deadlines or money upfront to get this project going. The molds are being made to do parts on my vehicle and since they will be laying around his shop, is open to make: hood inserts, hood, cladding, and interior pieces for anyone else that would be interested. We are meeting tomorrow to discuss prices for each piece and I will post that price list tomorrow. He is wanting to know if anyone else would be interested and what you would want done, that way I can give up those pieces for the molds.

Also, in past post I know hood scoops have been an issue due to people with different taste. I asked about that as well and there is no problem doing different add-ons. You can have it stock or modified.

Carbon fiber can be done in different colors as well as the finished product being done in raw or clear.
    "Sometime Early, Never Late, But Always On Time"

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Mirror covers

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...753#post155753

Rear tail light covers...about half way down the page

http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/exterior/exterior.htm
    Last edited by Mile High VX : 12/28/2010 at 06:35 PM
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

hood cladding or insert?the panel that the windshield washer nozzles mount in

Quote Originally Posted by vxfocus View Post
    hood cladding or insert?the panel that the windshield washer nozzles mount in
    I'm starting with my insert, but will also be making a mold of the hood too. Basically if I can take it off my Vehicross he is going to make a mold of it. I'm doing certain parts for mine, but willing to spare anything else for a mold if someone wants anything else. At least this way there will be someone that has molds of our limited run parts, to make replacements if something ever happens to our originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I've always loved the mirror covers, thats one of the parts I'm wanting done. The tail light covers are $250 from japan, plus shipping, if there would be enough people interested in those (carbon fiber, or painted fiberglass) I might bite the bullet and purchase a set to make molds, unless someone already has a set and wouldn't mind lending them out for a few weeks, I would pay for the shipping both ways.

Put me down for a half moon piece...

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    We have a member here in Russia who is desperate for such a set of tail light covers..
    Vodka... Connecting people

I would like the interior door switch panel and door handle . In carbon fiber .

Sorry guys for postings so late, I put in a 12 hour day at work and didn't get to stop in the shop to get the price list. I've already called and set an appointment for tomorrow and will post it up around this time tomorrow. Also, just to let everyone know, in the next few weeks the VX will be garaged to get stripped for molds, so that gives everyone time to think of what it is they would like in the future. Everyone that has or will be posting I've wrote down the parts you would like in Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass and for now will be just getting prices for those and for the things that I'm doing that no one has mentioned yet.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by VX-13 View Post
    I've been talking with a guy locally where I live and he is doing molds for fiberglass and carbon fiber. I'm going to let him take parts off of my vehicle to make the molds. Unlike most custom applications for our vehicles, this will not require a certain amount of buyers, deadlines or money upfront to get this project going. The molds are being made to do parts on my vehicle and since they will be laying around his shop, is open to make: hood inserts, hood, cladding, and interior pieces for anyone else that would be interested. We are meeting tomorrow to discuss prices for each piece and I will post that price list tomorrow. He is wanting to know if anyone else would be interested and what you would want done, that way I can give up those pieces for the molds.

Also, in past post I know hood scoops have been an issue due to people with different taste. I asked about that as well and there is no problem doing different add-ons. You can have it stock or modified.

Carbon fiber can be done in different colors as well as the finished product being done in raw or clear.
    HEY, COUNT ME IN I AM INTERESTED? RICH

Smile Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    HEY, SOME WONDERFUL STUFF BUT HOW WOULD ONE ORDER WITH THE LANGUAGE BARRIER? THANKS, RICH RICHARD@PAYNEINVESTMENTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD PAYNE View Post
    HEY, SOME WONDERFUL STUFF BUT HOW WOULD ONE ORDER WITH THE LANGUAGE BARRIER? THANKS, RICH RICHARD@PAYNEINVESTMENTS.COM
    The mirror covers will be a replica of my mirrors and the tail light covers I will have to buy from Japan and then make a mold of them, that way they can be made here and sold.

I'm up for a pair of side skids. As of now, Rowhard makes the front and rear skids, though the wait is long, however he knows he'll have much more time once he retires, which sounds soon. I've got the front and rears, though I am lacking the sides.

There was an accessory sale on this site a while back where a pair of the those taillight covers were sold to a member. I'll let you know who won that mod unless someone else beats me too it.

I'd love to get a CF insert with a scoop to feed a TMIC. My PO modded it with a SC, but I'm thinking the best mod I could do to my ride is upgrading the intake, as I currently have a cone style filter in the engine bay. I'm upgrading the exhaust (I have the parts) so I'd like to upgrade the intake side as well. I'd love to get a CF insert with a well-matched scoop to feed a TMIC, possibly with some engine bay venting as well. I'm guessing some other SC members may have a good idea?

I think it's great someone is doing this, thank you so much. What is crazy is we can never get the minimums and all agree on what the mod should be. I'm sure we'll end up ordering and exceeding the minimums that have been discussed before, but people have their money at different times. With latitude when the order is placed, I'm sure he'll sell a lot more of them.

One more cool interior upgrade would be a cover for the triangular thing down by the disc changer. I think it houses the TOD electronics? I always thought I'd like a faceplate cover to be made, with a titanium VX in the middle of it, or possibly the VX could be molded into the C/F

So I'm up for FG side skids, CF hood insert with scoop, CF TOD cover, and possibly a set of CF mirror covers. (it's either CF for the mirrors, or Kaiser paint, but they get beat up a bit by trees.) I forgot again who has the bodycolor paint on their mirrors, but I really liked the look, and I'm already approaching maximum CF, without crossing the gaudy line.

So thanks again to the producer, and to VX-13 for making this happen. I really hope this plan makes it, as our rides are getting older, and it's always good to have not only a replacement, but to have some options as well.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

Hey RallyDude,

I did a Green filter and ducted to the driver side wheel well (same hole used by the stock intake) - have images here:

http://vehicross.blogspot.com/2007/1...ntake-cai.html

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

any word on pricing yet?