Thread: I'm a smoke-R

Previous owner of:1999 White Vehicross Ironman 1970

I'm a smoke-R

Well, its official!! My VX smokes when I start it...Probably has been doing it for awhile just never really noticed it? However today I hit my remote start as I was stand-n behind it....Wasn't long I thought I died and gone to heaven, surrounded by a white clouds!(nah, it wasn't that bad but still) This is for sure the one habit I didn't want my VX to pick up. Now I wonder if it smokes at all while I am drive-n it....I know it uses/burns oil but I thought it was do-n it at the point you really couldn't see it. My biggest worry is that I'm gonna be one of these guys have-n to have major engine work done. My 99 has 55,000 miles on it and the nearest Isuzu dealer is, lets say, a good road trip away! Gee, I quit smoke-n a LONG time ago......can't my VX just quit to

Are there many smokers out there?
    The price you pay to be different......

Cool

The color of the smoke can be an indicator...if it's blue than you're burning oil...white is moisture/water vapor which can be normal if your VX sat a while and has water/condensation in the exhaust...however, excessive white smoke is possibly a failed head gasket...black smoke is an overly rich condition which has numerous causes. (O2 sensor could be one.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Sorry to hear about your VX. I feel so sorry for people with cars that go bad like that. I used to resent the cloud of smoke they'd put in MY face until it happened to me in my MR2 a few thousand miles before my engine blew (head gasket). I hope your situation somehow works out OK. You don't think it could have been steam do you? Smoke isn't usually white.... it's gray-blue. Maybe you're going to be OK?
    Canadian VXer!