View Poll Results: Select What VX(s) You Own...

Voters
1487. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1999 Astral Silver

311 20.91%
  • 1999 Ebony Black

154 10.36%
  • 1999 Ironman White

143 9.62%
  • 1999 Other

21 1.41%
  • 2000 Dragon Green Mica

42 2.82%
  • 2000 Ebony Black

52 3.50%
  • 2000 Foxfire Red Mica

42 2.82%
  • 2000 Kaiser Silver Metallic

54 3.63%
  • 2000 Proton Yellow

47 3.16%
  • 2000 Victory White Ironman

30 2.02%
  • 2000 Other

9 0.61%
  • 2001 Dragon Green Mica

45 3.03%
  • 2001 Ebony Black

119 8.00%
  • 2001 Foxfire Red Mica

44 2.96%
  • 2001 Kaiser Silver Metallic

117 7.87%
  • 2001 Proton Yellow

139 9.35%
  • 2001 Victory White Ironman

52 3.50%
  • 2001 Other

4 0.27%
  • Completely Other

62 4.17%
  • JDM VehiCROSS

28 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stand up and be counted

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool general hello to all

Hey everyone. Finally signed up after lurking for a while. I bought my vehicross a few months ago with 55,000 miles and it now has 64,000. Its a great little unit for Alberta winters. I currently use it to commute to and from school and its taking the miles well. I've got a slow oil consumption issue and will be switching oils here for a while and hopefully that will clear it up. Aside from that its mostly stock, I've removed the radio, and added an aftermarket one where the CD player used to be. Plan is to use the upper space for a couple of gauges. I have focal front component speakers, Polk rears, and Polk 8" sub in the rear being ran by a digital design 5 channel power house. Currently fabbing up my nitrous system, with the intent of running a 100 wet shot on a wot and window switch. Other then that its pretty well stock. My future plan is to line-x the plastic cladding and I've just seen a member who put a rear facing heat extraction hood in and I'd like to copy that. I know everyone likes pictures. Ill try to post some after I'm back from Mexico. Big shout out to the communtiy from a new Alberta VX owner.

up here in Oregon ..welcome to the obsession
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Wait a minute I am standing!! I guess I should fix this! Howdy! My name is Vince and am a new enthusiast in the VX community. She's got 171K on her and still running strong! Fell in love with the VX's 14 years ago but never owned one until now. I drive her everyday now and love every minute!!!
    Last edited by EVO : 05/30/2013 at 05:54 PM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Question

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Wait a minute I am standing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    SRSLY people...

Did anyone bother to read the FIRST POST???

The BOLD RED LETTERS???

hmmmmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Hello. .new to this great site..wife and I bought our proton last summer...we fell in love with ot.iy gets around in the snow flawlessly!

Im in the currently flooded England. Its my first VX. Saw one a few years ago and looked it up on the internet. obviously i was unable to buy one as there were none for sale. browsing ebay last Saturday night after a few beers and THERE IT WAS. the very same car. the very next morning it was parked on my drive.
    the guy i bought it off had it for his wife and it was not understood exactly what i was. Its currently in the shop as the suspension bangs from the front left but, i did get it for a steal.
    its a 1997 JDM silver with the 3.2 and the Recarro cloth interior, but only has 88,000 Km on it and OZ rally wheels with 33" MT Tyres. Also has the JDM satnav, TV, Reverse camera etc. CArbon door cards, original over mats, wind deflectors.
    in afew weeks ill post some before / after shots of it when i have put it bck to the standard id like it.

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Well, I'd vote more than once if I could. I've got 4 VX's now....I voted only once when I had only one...
    "Cast away the unessential to find the essence..."

stock astral silver 99 visually a 9.5 out of 10
    First off computer dumb dumb here so please bare with..Been looking around and posting on this site since i saw the anomaly across the street from my house. around 2 wks ago maybe....beautiful light silver color etc. found out that's the astral silver a 99 ...a week later its in my driveway....been touch and go since ( cause trans. went out next day )....BUT...
    For some reason it just did not enter my mind to back up off it...any way being fixed, and i cant wait to start my new obsession..oh i meant adventures / hobby...
    Hope to learn how to post pics soon from my android as i have no puter currently....looking forward to the possibility of meeting up with some of the folks on this site soon ,,,would be interested in donating also so it can stay afloat i have really learned a ton in past few days...huge thanks sincerely to senior members for knowledge base helpfulness and dedication.
    PS.....cant stand the mystery....whats zoid status ?

ps no2# ....hey !!! stop hoggin all the VXs VXobsession...
    Last edited by jarvis : 07/19/2014 at 08:58 AM Reason: morbid curiosity lol and ad lib
    Jarvx

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    First off computer dumb dumb here so please bare with..Been looking around and posting on this site since i saw the anomaly across the street from my house. around 2 wks ago maybe....beautiful light silver color etc. found out that's the astral silver a 99 ...a week later its in my driveway....been touch and go since cause trans. went out next day....BUT...
    For some reason it just did not enter my mind to back up off it...any way being fixed, and i cant wait to start my new obsession..oh i meant adventures / hobby...
    Hope to learn how to post pics soon from my android as i have no puter currently....looking forward to the possibility of meeting up with some of the folks on this site soon ,,,would be interested in donating also so it can stay afloat i have really learned a ton in past few days...huge thanks sincerely to senior members for knowledge base helpfulness and dedication.
    PS.....cant stand the mystery....whats zoid status ?

• What does "back up off it" mean and do for tranny?

• Zoid is the first newbie level of # of posts on the forum.

• Donate to site: http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Donations Site supporter status gives you larger PM (Private Message box) size and more photo space.

• HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:

Click on "Gallery" from the top banner along the top
      Then click "Gallery Links", also along top banner
      Find "Upload Photos" from drop down box
      Next screen will show where you can attach up to 5 pics from your gallery
      Look for "Choose file", click and then find the pic on your computer
      After you've selected up to 5, scroll down and click button "Upload/Submit". It may take a minute or so.
      After it uploads, a screen showing the pics you've just uploaded will appear.
      Here you can add text or a title to each pic.
      Click SUBMIT button

• HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO A POST:

Start a post
      On right side you'll see a small gray box titled "My pics"
      Click "Open"
      Find the pics in your Gallery and click "Upload"
      Can add up to 20 pics in a single post
      Once attached in the body of the post, hit the RETURN/ENTER key after each one so there's a space between each pic.

BTW (by the way) I have a ton of VX reference info stuff categorized and organized that I can email or attach to a post for you...just let me know what you want. I may not own my VX any more but I still have a library of info available!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I think he means he shouldn't have kept going, a.k.a. should have backed off, but instead kept going and now the tranny is toast. Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dietz99vcross View Post
    I think he means he shouldn't have kept going, a.k.a. should have backed off, but instead kept going and now the tranny is toast. Just my guess.
    but it seems he says it's now fixed.....
    VX KAT
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

No, I read it as it is being fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by dietz99vcross View Post
    No, I read it as it is being fixed.
    thx Mike!
    VX KAT