ok, i got ahold of some driving lights....so i tackled the chore of running wiring and mounting them today...

did a write up while i was at it!

i unfortunately did not do a write up on how i wired them into the ignition because that can be changed per however you want them to turn on...

once again, taken with a camera phone...so forgive the crappy pics...

start with running the wires through the car however you please and up to the top of the rear like so-

once you remove the spoiler with a 10mm socket there is a hole with a grommet in it for the 3rd brake light, i removed the grommet because there was no way the wiring i used would fit through it...

so, i got the wiring to the roof through that pre-drilled hole (therefore sealed properly to avoid rust and cutting holes in the roof that arent factory

next, i drilled a hole through the end of the spoiler to reduce water movement...

i had to remove the actual LED from the spoiler to help me run the wiring...

use a fish-tape to get the wire to go to the end of the spoiler from the center

buy a grommet to fit the hole drilled

i chose to run whats called a 'conductor wire' that we use in the car audio field to help us wire 4channel amps...basically its a 4ga wire with 9 wires inside of it. i plan on running a lot of lights so i figured instead of running 8 individual wires it would be easier to run conductor...

next i purchased a trailer connector so that i can remove the roof rack if necessary without having to un-wire...wired up

zip tied to the roof rack to keep it from hitting the roof on rough surfaces

i ran the wiring along the side of the rack to the front...where i purchased 2 90 degree CB antenna mounts designed for semi mirrors, to mount the actual lights to...

i mounted the CB antenna mounts, and mounted the lights to those...i think they turned out well

next i wired up the relay and switch to the ignition

here's the completed look...they havent been adjusted, so one looks dimmer but its not..

heres a close up

outside my install bay

in front of my best buy

please let me know if there are any other pics you need me to take, i still have the interior torn apart...

enjoy!

pbkid