Thread: More purple incoming

More purple incoming

I still have to sort out why the airbag isn't registering. And I have to adjust the spline alignment on the wheel itself. I also have a bolt of purple goretex for my armrest that I still have to find a good upholstery shop to cover for me (so it matches my WO seat covers). And that's not to mention the wet-carpet issue, the cat-litter-box A/C smell, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

But the JDM steering wheel is on--100% plug/play. I hate the emblem on it though. I put a 1.75" Isuzu emblem over top of it, but it just looks a bit off. I couldn't find a proper sized Isuzu emblem at around 2.2", so I just went ahead and got some wheel center cap emblems--blank, but purple. Since the JDM wheel arrived with a dent in the center emblem anyways, I figure I may have to gently "push" the convex area flatter so that the new emblem lays flatter. I have a blinker module also incoming, which will hopefully fix the strobe-light flashers. I also managed to get what I believe is the only purple set of spare-cover knobs for a VX ever made--props to Jason Mooney. I hope they are a close enough match.

Last but not least, I went full-on crazy and bought some purple matte-finish nail polish from wally-world. I pulled off my center-caps and I'm in the process of covering the factory "WORX" logo with purple (2 coats in and counting). A bit tedious, and no idea if it will last in the long run, but I couldn't really think of anything else that might do the trick. It's so slow/painstaking that I'm probably gonna bypass doing the silver divots on the rim itself. I'm not even sure that this will endure a single car-wash or not. Guess we'll see.

I'm beginning to think I should have made a single build thread. Then again, these are small cosmetic mods, nothing significant. I have tried to post up each thing I've done though.

Pics! I need pics! LOL!

Sounds like you have been having a lot of fun!
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

Oh I'll be taking some. But most of the goodies haven't arrived yet.

Purple knobs arrived. They look fantastic. I'm missing a retaining clip though, so only 3 knobs have that clip. The original 4th knob was broken when I bought the car, and I don't have that clip. At least I have the rubber gasket for all 4, so they sit identically on the door.

Took some pics today, but I'll post them when I more stuff arrives.