Ok, so I know that maybe 5 or 6 people will even see this, but here goes anyway.

I generally post both here and on the FB page updates to my build/repairs. It seems every time I post I fixed something, someone has to comment “pull the dash light”. Every time I post I have a light (like ABS or CEL), the first or second response is, “pull the dash light”. I even read a thread a while back that someone had pulled so many dash lights to cover up problems, that the lack of lights was freaking out the ECU and causing even more problems.

What the $%!^? Do VX owners really not care about their VX’s? Do they not want things fixed properly? Seriously. It happens every single time I post I fixed something. Someone will post some “hack job” way to cover up the problem, or to modify the VX as a “fix”, even cut massive holes in the VX just to make something “easier” for a fix that should only need to be done once.

I had an issue chasing down my EGR codes. I replaced and cleaned the EGR valve several times (3 valves in total, 1 used, 1 new but cheap, 1 OEM and cost quite a bit more). I finally got it fixed by spending the money on the correct parts. The FB response? Pull the CEL and check the codes every couple of weeks.

Recently I posted that I ordered a new window regulator. Not cheap, but it was the right way to fix it. I was thrown all kinds of “alternate” solutions. I explained in the post that my cables on regulator had rusted. Then I got inundated with posts about drilling holes for roller bearings. One person said to replace the plastic window clips with a metal bar. That would be good advice, if my clips where bad. They are not bad. In fact they are in great shape. The problem was that the cable on my regulator had gone bad. That is exactly what I said was the problem. I thought I was very clear. But no, I got six different way to do everything but actually fix the problem.

More recently (today in fact), I posted that I got a new ABS control module installed and that it was working perfectly. I even saved some money and shared how other could do it too. The response? ABS is DANGEROUS. Yes they actually used all caps. They suggested I pull the light and disable ABS completely just incase I find myself going downhill too fast while off-road. I suppose that would be good advice, if you have no idea how to drive off-road properly. However, it is also terrible advice in every single others situation that doesn’t involve being off-road.

It is maddening.

Sorry, I needed to vent...