Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Getting really frustrated with the VX FB page...

Thank you for the information.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

Now you know why I IG and I don't FB

Dude had the nerve to tell me recently that I he didn't like my spare tire mod and that I should place it inside the truck. I *lol*'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal21 View Post
    Now you know why I IG and I don't FB

Dude had the nerve to tell me recently that I he didn't like my spare tire mod and that I should place it inside the truck. I *lol*'ed.
    It doesn’t matter what you do. Someone will always tell you how wrong you are and why they just “have” to say something, as if they have no choice in the choices they make.

BTW, what is this about a spare tire mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelgord View Post
    BTW, what is this about a spare tire mod?
    We follow each other on IG, you know already *lol*.

Hahahahaha! I didn’t realize it was you! I am basing my mount from yours! LOL! Love your VX!

In the "history" of this forum, people seemed to gravitate toward the rebuild option....though several DID opt for used replacements. IIRC, some Durango's used the same controller. As far as "risk", installing and testing a used part doesn't really increase "risk" IMHO. Our cars are USED anyway. Installing a new part doesn't make it any less "used". Other components (related to braking) are just as likely to fail...so I wouldn't shy away from it. Manufacturers had the right idea in making the F/R "circuits" of the brake system somewhat independent. This lowers the odds you'll be completely w/o brakes in the rare event of failure. At 61 yrs old and having "lived" on a couple of car forums over 15yrs, I've yet to hear of catastrophic brake failure. The odds are very high you'll get a "warning" symptom.

My ABS worked the first couple of years of my ownership. Considering it's my "go to" winter vehicle, I feel lax because I never repaired the "brain". Mostly that's because (self) diagnosis is challenging enough that I was never sure it wasn't a wheel sensor (which are stupid expensive). I came from Jeep ownership before owning a VX and have found 99% of 4x4 owners rarely leave pavement. I can't say I remember reading a good explanation why it's better to "live" without ABS vs. having it. For me, cost would be the biggest reason to abandon it. For those who stay mostly on the streets, it seemed better to have it working.....however "primitive" people think it is. For comparison, my 89 Corvette has ABS that was designed/built 12 years earlier. I don't consider either worthless.

Most importantly, if/when you go to sell, having full functionality will appeal to the average seller. ABS not working may just send the highest "bidder" on their way. So....I would debate there is one right answer for addressing VX malfunctioning ABS systems.
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 89Vette For This Useful Post:

ipd (06/03/2018), Thelgord (06/02/2018)

It was actually because of a thread on the forum about the Durango abs module that I opted for one. A very eloquent response.

By installing any new / rebuilt part it does reduce the possibility of that part failing as soon as a used one installed (with no information on how much it was used) IMO. Especially a known to fail often part. 75% would be a safe percentage. I would spend the extra $50.00 to have the lifetime warranty on this part. That is if I wanted the ABS to work and it didn't because of this part. Just as you, That is my personal opinion and some people can't handle that there is other options that are correct also..

Thank you for your insite.

So this is the FB experience. I'm missing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    So this is the FB experience. I'm missing nothing.
    In all honesty, one would get the exact same advice from here, I think it's just that FB gets more traffic these days. *shrug*
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

We should also consider there may be an option (wire/fuse that could be switched/disabled...to defeat ABS) if it's really detrimental when off-roading.

FWIW... In the early 2000's, my master brake cylinder was failing on my 89 Corvette. A new (factory) part was the only option @ $600. I thought that was rediculous pricing (as with many factory items)....so I bought a salvage part for around $100. It's still working properly over 15 years later. On our ABS modules, there does seem to be an abnormally high number of failure reports...which would lead me to the $99 rebuild option. How do we know any NOS part wouldn't have the same defect? (That's rhetorical...just something to consider.)

An ABS kill switch is an amazing idea. Rejected on FB, but it’s nice to know I’m not the only one who thought of this. It would actually be very easy to do. Just tap the ABS fuse slot to a switch and inline fuse. Done.

I personally have no issues trying used parts. Yes, it can be a gamble on how long it will last, but digging through the forum I couldn’t find anywhere when someone tried the dodge module and had to replace it. Not saying much considering people started dropping off the site around then. Still, I’m willing to give it a shot. So far so good. ABS is working for the first time since I got the VX 11 months ago.

Why do you straight up lie ? Not one person "rejected" the idea of adding a switch to the ABS system on Face Book! Is it because you posted the switch idea AFTER I did and there was many likes ? But on your post about there was none ? Does no like make you feel "rejected" ???

( Brandon Ward I put a disable switch on my first one for when I hit the dirt. Easy to install. Just wire an in-cabin toggle switch to the abs fuse terminals. add inline fuse to replace the blade fuse you are bypassing. Turns ABS off on the fly. Resets back on once you turn car off and on. Install takes maybe half an hour.) Branded posted this also and got many likes !!

After you deleting a lot of your posts calling people names/insults and trying to make it look like it was a attack from the group when you were the one acting like a child.. Adults would apologize.