Thread: Deceleration transmission goes out of gear?

Deceleration transmission goes out of gear?

My transmission is fine while accelerating. As soon as I let off the gas it just goes into like neutral. If I slow it goes back into gear. I changed the filter it was very black and the pan magnet had a kinda goo all over it. When I put it all back together it still does the same thing. Is there a second round filter? HELP!

I ended up changing out all of my shift solenoids as well as replacing the fluid 4 times and the filter twice before I got it back to running well. I wish you the best of luck.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

OMG your kidding. Wow so I need a buyer. 2000 dragon mica green, zero body damage, completely unmodified. 179K BURNS LESS THAN 1qt between changes. Drivers seat needs a small patch. Runs great. New front axles, bearings, seals, reconditioned disks,New oem pads every wheel, drained and changed the brake fluid completely. New steering links, has roof rails, rear tire cover intact, good dash, no cracks. Ice cold air. Transmission drops out of gear soon as you let off the gas. Maybe do the 4l65e swap? Best offer over $3000 new tires and battery.

If I was able to I would. Sounds sweet, and the transmission, as much as it is a pain to keep working on, really isn’t difficult to work on. Just time consuming as all get out. I have one weeping gasket issue to fix and the I should be done with it for a while. I hope.

I have an upcoming road trip next month (not in the VX) so for now all repairs and updates are on hold until August(ish). Though I am working on a fe things I have parts for, but I can’t spend any money until after the trip.

Good luck with the sale, though it sounds like a new set of shift solenoids will fix you up.