Thread: Coil spring spacers for Vx's

Coil spring spacers for Vx's

I don't know if you guys know about this yet or not, but Daystar makes 1" and 2" coil spring spacers for the Vx.
    Here's a link if you are interested.
    http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...tion/to=x.html

Andy
    Its the thrill of the chase

Andy, now you gotta teach me!!!! I want more room in my VX< and I got the RX9000 with OEM912(or913) springs.... can I get an additional lift with the Coil SPring spacers???? I only saw rear, do I need front ones as well? Actually, the answer is no right cause there are no springs in the front.... SO then the question is what do I do to give an addition 2 inches in the front sicne I can get the spacers for the rear????

Thanks for the help!!!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

You can probably get close to 4" out of the T bars. The problem with that though, is that at such extreme CV shaft angles there is a great deal of force that is being absorbed by the CV joints rather than being transferred to the wheels, making it much easier to break cv joints. You can aleviate much of that problem by modifying the axle housing brackets. There is another post on the board that goes into a little more detail about how to do it.

You most likely are looking for extra clearance for bigger tires, which also is going to increase the load on your axles, so if you want to try cranking your T-bars up that high, and use your Vx for offroading, you definitely should think about the housing brackets.

If you are not overly concerned about the ground clearance, you might want to consider sticking with 3" of suspension lift and an inch or two of body lift.

If you are one of those extreme offroad fanatics , you might consider a solid axle swap in the front. That would take care of the tire size limitations at the rear of the fender-well as well.

There are other options, but they just get more and more involved.

My opinion is that you should use as little lift as is possible. Only enough to accomodate your tire clearance at max suspension travel. (which still may be substantial) Any more height than that is needlessly wasted on raising your center of gravity. The last thing you need is to be driving a tippy truck that will roll easy.

Hope this helps you with your descision. It depends so much on how you use your truck. If theres anything I can do to help, you're welcome to e-mail, or call me.
    Andy
    Last edited by Swordy : 12/28/2003 at 10:18 AM

I will definitely look into those options. I am basically looking for the cheapest and safest way to get another inch in the front and back. I haven't even done anything extreme yet and I am questioning my clearance with the OME912 Spring lift and bigger tires. I get a lot of rubbing when I come down or begin to go up something technical, even though I have hacked away at a lot, plus going through the mud, I wouldn't mind being a bit higher.

I am going to look into the 1" bushing lift and I guess the stuff you were talking about for the front!~!!

thanks so much!

Swordy,
    How is that solid axle swap going? Keep us informed and show us lots of pics (and maybe a how to...that would be cool!)!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)