Thread: The Punisher

The Punisher

I don’t know if anyone here even has Netflix, but if you do, check the series Punisher. Based on Marvel’s favorite vigilante, and after decades of terrible Punisher Movies, this thing is amazing! It’s like the production staff from AMC’s The Walking Dead produced it.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

Just watched Episode 1. Interesting they cast Ben Affleck's brother from "The Accountant" as the lead. I guess it's a reasonable progression from his prior role.

I'm still on the fence about it. I fast forwarded through 3-4 places because it had "slow spots". Scenes agonizing/remembering his dead family PLUS pounding that sledge over and over and over definitely set the "tone" for a troubled guy. But, we already KNEW that from the movies/comics. And...it's deliberate in an attempt to present the series as a sequel to his revenge (killings). In short, his character was very reminiscent of Mr. Reece from "Person of Interest". But, then again, aren't most "stories" a rehash of SOMETHING else here/there?

I'm not saying I didn't like it. I appreciate the recommendation to watch. I'm guessing each episode is a "story" like POI?

Oh yeah....Not a big fan of Zombie movies/stories either. They seem at bit too "gratuitous" in their point. OTOH, I guess they are SAFE from political correctness issues, racism, nationism, etc...

That is..... UNTIL THE ZOMBIES REALLY DO COME!!!!

Waaaahaaaahaaaa HA! (evil music subsides)
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

My VX is also my Z-Day survival vehicle.