Thread: Working on a VX is like herding cats ...

Working on a VX is like herding cats ...

I purchased my VX as A project vehicle. It was a basket case when I got it, but it showed potential. In fact my build log is getting to be quite extensive. But let me explain the title of this post.

High Idle issue. Yup, I have one. Changed out the MAF for a new one. It worked, for a few days. Then the IAC valve welt bad. Changed that. It worked, again, for a few more days. Then it came back. Cleaned EVERYTHING and changed out all of the vacuum lines. Seriously, all of them. Pain in the *** really. And it worked! It idled great at around 900 RPM. Now the Fuel Pressure Regulator need to be changed as it is idling around 1500-1800 RPM ... again ...

Based on past experience and advice from online peoples, I am tearing the entire intake system apart. I hope to be able to start next week. New intake gaskets, throttle body gasket, clean all of the EGR tubes, the works. Which means the bottom will probably drop out of the engine.

This weekend I installed new shocks and springs. Everything went smooth as silk. It worried me actually. But I didn’t have to worry for long. On the test drive for the suspension, both window motors took a $#!*. I still haven’t been able to drivers window closed yet, and I need to before it rains, which it does a lot in Georgia. While I was under the VX installing the rear shocks, I also noticed that the inline fuel filter canister is just about toast.

It just never ends. Once I buy tires, I will have twice into my VX as I paid fo the whole car.

Totally worth it!
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

you need SBC brackets for the windows.