Thread: We made the list!!!

We made the list!!!

--------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

It's good to see someone recognizing it's capabilities! Of course, these articles are a matter of opinion because I've seen the VX on the other end. Let's hope it's rep is ALL uphill from here!

BTW...After owning one for several years, it's not hard to see how it made the list of the most capable off-roaders. (And, I had 3 Jeeps before this!)
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

regardless of the article being written on a matter of opinion, I am beer pleased that it was placed ahead of the jeep, and even mentioned at all.
    I did however object to the "spacious" comment that was made. I haven't found that secret spacious compartment.

“Spacious” is a relative term ...

Quote Originally Posted by arcobarco View Post
    regardless of the article being written on a matter of opinion, I am beer pleased that it was placed ahead of the jeep, and even mentioned at all.
    I did however object to the "spacious" comment that was made. I haven't found that secret spacious compartment.
    Beer pleased? I haven't heard that one! Yeah...the comment about spacious made we wonder if the article-writer actually OWNED a VX and felt some bias! That comment alone makes you wonder about the "measuring criteria"?

However, If you treat it as a two-seater, there's a decent amount of space in the back....with the seats folded down. I've gotten more in there then I ever thought I could. Beyond that, I found other ways around it...like you do with most any vehicle.

I call shiens on anyone who says a VX isn't spacious. I folded the rear seats forward & fit all 4 stock tires/wheels in the back---THAT'S spacious.

About the only gripe that I could level against the VX is that the rear seats are difficult to access...but apart from that...practically nothing. And if they'd shortened the driver door a few inches & made a suicide half-rear-door (ala saturn/FJ-cruiser) it wouldn't even have that gripe.

As a tall person, I find it difficult to fold the rear seat up as I also have to slide my seat forward to get it to lock. Cramped but doable. This is one of the reasons I am going to remove the rear seat completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelgord View Post
    As a tall person, I find it difficult to fold the rear seat up as I also have to slide my seat forward to get it to lock. Cramped but doable. This is one of the reasons I am going to remove the rear seat completely.
    I wonder if there was a change in "latching" mechanisms for the rear seat (between your 1999 and my 2001)? On my 2001, the top half of the rear seat backs fold (forward and) down. Then you release a floor latch that allows the entire seat to pivot up and to the front. From there, I have to "hook" a tether into the floor. After doing this, the tether has a cinch (like a belt) and velcro to hold it from releasing. There is no latch for the folded/upright position! As such, the "tether" could be adjusted (loosened) to allow further recline in the front seat. The downside is the seats rub against each other while driving -- making an annoying leather-squeak noise. If I ran it with the rear seat upright more often, I'd probably cover the back of the front seat in another material OR remove the rear seat.

Quote Originally Posted by ipd
    I call shiens on anyone who says a VX isn't spacious. I folded the rear seats forward & fit all 4 stock tires/wheels in the back---THAT'S spacious.
    When you categorize the rear cargo area's size, I it depends on whether you're comparing it to a car, something smallish like a RAV4, or a Suburban. I would venture a guess that it's smaller/shorter than most SUVs and...as such...doesn't warrant a claim of spaciousness in the SUV category. It's a bit smaller/shorter than my last gen Jeep Cherokee (last entry in the article); It's over a foot shorter than my 1st gen Grand Cherokee; and it's also foot shorter than my ex's Murano.
    Last edited by 89Vette : 12/18/2017 at 02:15 PM

Seat Covers from WO do wonders for that leather rub noise.