With great sadness I am selling my 2001 VX. Unfortunately I needed a family friendly car and have no choice. I've owned this car for 5 awesome years and loved every minute of it. I was in the process of restoring it, starting with all the mechanical stuff first. It now runs beautifully and has a new engine along with many other new parts. I'm hoping to sell it to someone that appreciates the VX for what it is and will give it a great home! I am asking for $8K because I have put $10,000 into it, above what I paid, to put in in safe and working order (the stereo system was $2k alone). Here is the questionnaire that I filled out so there is full transparency. You can contact me at designex69@gmail.com for more info or pics. I will try to post pics here also (if I can figure it out).

~Any service history records? Yes

~How long have you owned it? almost 5 years

~Electric windows work properly or bind? Work properly, never had a problem

~Condition of window rubber track/gaskets...(many have ripped or been cut) have usual wear

~Look behind door panels to see if vapor barrier is present - (may indicate previous work on windows) Don't know, doesn't look like panel has ever been opened

~Window regulator /motor been replaced? Never needed to

~Any oil consumption noted, under ANY conditions? (some seem to consume a little when on prolonged highway driving) I change oil every 3-4000 miles, never needed to add additional oil. Engine is new regardless

~Chrome wheels peeling? A little on inside like most but not noticeable

~Any ABS light problems? Had ABS changed and haven't had a problem since

~OEM CD player still work correctly or ERR3 code? Any jammed CDs? Have a new kenwood flip out screen system with base woofer ($2000 spent on it)

~Any problems with TOD? Never

~Any clunking when decelerating or accelerating? Never

~Brand & model of tires & approx tread remaining- Firestone Firestone Destination LE2 60r18

~Do all 4 tires match in brand, size, model & wear? Yes

~How long have these current 4 tires been on? One year

~Timing belt changed? Yes 3 months ago

~Original OEM brake pads or replacements? OEM Brake pads, recently changed

~Any fluids dripping, ever? No drips

~Last time & what fluids have been changed?Oil changed every 3-4k miles, tranny fluid changed 5000 miles ago

~What type of fluids (synthetic oil or regular, motor oil, diff, tranny, transf case)? Regular oil..engine is new

~Evaluate/describe condition of all cladding - scrapes, holes, deformation, dryness, chalky appearance, any evidence of being "painted" in any way? Cladding has usual fading but I use Back to Black after every wash. There is a 2 inch defect on passenger side, rear bumper underneath corner. Bought it that way,never bothered me

~Are all cladding screws present? Any striped? All present

~Condition of 4 screw knobs on rear door panel (often break off) All good except for one that doesnt tighten

~Condition of inside door opening levers & mechanism (sometimes broken) All work

~Any unusual /excessive vibrations - very subjective of course- none

~Any problems with motor mounts? none

~Determine the history of the car's physical location, if possible (i.e. East Coast, potential rust, desert, etc) Started off in Texas then was shipped to Long Island @ 10 years ago

~Inspect thoroughly for rust!! Any evidence of rusted bolts anywhere? No

~Status of front bumper reinforcement bar? (Often rusts off completely) No noticeable problem

~Status of rear license plate light/socket/bracket -(often severely rusts) -will give indication if it was in a rust belt area. No problems

~Evaluate engine bay- clean? dirty? Any evidence of leaking fluids of any type?? Evaluate fluid levels. Fluid level normal, Engine bay is what a vehicle with 199k miles would look like. I had a brand new engine installed 7k miles ago. There is a little oil sweat by gasket but probably needs tightening

~Evaluate air filter- excessively dirty? OEM or after-market? OEM, seems fine

~Has muffler ever been replaced? What's the status of the current muffler? Rusted, surface rust, etc? OEM, after-market? (Since, as I understand it, these mufflers are no longer available, so an aftermarket one with some modification to the pipes may be required.) Muffler has recently been replaced along with exhaust pipe. I still have original which is fine too.

~Has it had to go through emissions testing recently? (Some states require for registration, some don't)Every two years, it is due in October again

~Ever been lifted or torsion bars cranked? No

~Condition of CV joints? (Can be damaged after being lifted) Normal

~Battery- status, condition and age- New battery, mint

~Any unusual flashing of any lights on dash or shifter? (Mode selection switch may be bad) No

~Any odors inside, such as smoke? No, just usual used car scent

~Condition of leather seats...scrapes, rips, tears, wear, abrasion, driver's side seat bolster – Front seats, especially drivers seat shows some wear, no tears

~Condition of leather steering wheel - (often heavily scraped up) ok, but I installed a new leather cover

~Condition of levers that bring seat back forward to allow access to rear seats (often broken) Good

~Does it have an OEM roof rack? Just the side rails

~Are OEM rail caps in place and/or available? Yes

~Ever taken off road? No

~OEM or after-market tail pipe? After market but have original in good shape too

~Status of tail pipe - any deformation may indicate off road use- Good

~Status of rear lower cladding & rear gas tank skid plate- scrapes may indicate off road use- Good

~Status of undercarriage overall - scrapes, damage, etc... may indicate off road use- Good

~Any known repairs?

THESE ARE THE THINGS I HAVE DONE OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS:

New Tires – under 5k miles on them

New Engine (not used)- 7k miles

New EGR valve

New timing belt- 1 month ago

New alternator- 1 month ago

New AC compressor- 1 month ago

New Leather center armrest

New muffler and exhaust pipe- 8 months

New windshield wipers

New stereo system, Kenwood with slide out screen and Navigation, power amp and Kenwood 12” woofer

New brake pads and rotors

Why am I selling it?Because I'm crazy and because my kids got bigger and I had to buy a family car that accommodates easy access to rear seats.