Another update.

1) Got the new intake manifold gasket from RockAuto. Much thicker than the one from my local auto parts store. I talked to a guy at work and he said the 3.5L needs a thicker gasket (upper) than the 3.2 and I probably got the one for the 3.2 from the auto parts store. Hopefully, this one won’t blow out after three days of use like the thin one did. I will be installing the gasket tonight.

2) Since I have an iPhone 8, while at WalMart I punched a window mount for my phone that also does wireless charging. I am surprised that it actually works, but it really does. I will also have to find a spont to mount this.

3) While at WalMart, and the reason I went there, I got the Reese roof basket. It is a perfect fit for the cross bars. I know the load rating is only 125 pounds, but the cross bars say only 110 and i am not sure if that each or combined. Either way, the plastic towers are nearing 20 years old and I don’t wan’t to overload them. Limiting my roof cargo weight to 100-125 pounds i think is a safe bet. I have a roof rack that I made for a Tacoma I used to have that is heavy duty steel. I could, and have, put over 500 pounds on that rack with no deflection, but it is also 85 pounds by itself. With the limitations of the cross bars, that wouldn’t leave much weight for cargo. This Reese basket is going to work well I think.

Time to go tear the engine apart, again.... LOL!