Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Project VXOverLand

Based on this thread ( http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ght=Window+fix ) I tried the roller baring window fix.

First I pulled the entire regulator and cleaned it up. Even sitting out of the door without the weight of the window it had “sticky” spots. I lubed it up as best I could but some still remained. The little plastic bits are just plain worn out, lots of flopping around.

I decided to try it out anyway and went ahead with the roller. I didn’t have much hope at this point, but what the heck, I had it apart already.

No dice. The regulator is just to far gone. Sine they cost a shiny penny or two, this fix will have to wait. My driver window already mostly works, so the roller may work on that side, but the passenger window will need replacement parts.

Dang it.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

So I greased both window tracks today. 3M makes a grease just for this as it turns out. Great stuff. Fixed the driver window tilt with just this. The passenger side is toast.

When I got the VX it was missing the lower window trim piece on the outside. No idea how long it had been missing. After trying the grease, and a new motor, and the roller bearing, the regulator is just done. There is a lot of rust on the cable, probably from the window trim missing for god knows how long.

Anyway, I ordered a new regulator from Isuzu parts center. Not too bad at $117 shipped.

One step at a time this VX is coming back from the brink...

Today I purchased:

1) A different condenser fan that will hopefully fit behind the winch

2) Heated, Leather, Power seats from a 2002 Jaguar X-Type. Once I figure out the wiring harness I can get it mounted up. I really don’t want to set off the airbag inside it. The leather is in great shape! I hope the rest of the seat is as well. I will be moving the mirror heat switch to the dash, then I can use the two spots in the center console for the seat heater switches.

Purchased In-Channel window rain gaurd from weather tech dot com. Should be here Friday.

https://www.weathertech.com/isuzu/19...ow-deflectors/

I know this is long(ish) build thread, but if you don’t want to read all of the pages, page 1 has a chronological build/repair log.

Please post pics of the rain guards installed. I have the external stick-on kind on my VX. I'm not sure which style I like more. In-Channel is somewhat cleaner looking (especially on a non-black VX), but the stick-on kind give me a bit more room.

Still can't seem to drop pictures from my gallery directly into my posts. Anyway, here are a few pictures of Vicki with the rain guards installed.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...s-rule&cat=500
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...-dress&cat=500
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...voy-09&cat=500
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...erview&cat=500

I have had these for over 10 years and they work great. They are low profile and don't get in the way at all.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I have had these for over 10 years and they work great. They are low profile and don't get in the way at all.
    Thanks for the pics! The steep angle of the windows lets all kinds of rain in. I had to do something, living in GA and all.

I still have lots of “ongoing projects” that I need to complete as well. I need to reinstall the replacement AC condenser fan, swap in the Jaguar Leather Seats, remove the rear seat, more body work & paint (maybe monsta-liner), a small mountain of electrical work, on board air compressor install, mount my rear tire carrier, get a 5th rim for a full size spare, ...

The list seems endless somedays. I will post probably Friday or Saturday. They should be delivered tomorrow.

Yeah, the angle of the windows was one of my reasons also. Partly why I got the stick-on ones, as they probably let me put the window down a bit further without fear of splash coming inside.

For comparison

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ipd For This Useful Post:

Thelgord (05/04/2018)

Got them installed! That was easy. Now I just need to leave the windows closed for 12 hours, per the instructions. Yes ... I actually read them LOL!

I had two web sites open, Amazon and otrattw.net (great site for switches). Had all of switch needs planned out and in the shopping cart. Spent around 2 hours sorting through it all. Fortunately I decided how much was left in the build fund before hitting submit on either.

Yes, I could have made the purchase, but it would have killed the rest of the budget for a couple of months. Switches, wire connectors, wire of various colors, relays ... it all adds up very quickly. I was hoping to knock it all out in one day (purchasing the parts that is). However, I am also planning a trip to Colorado in July and I moved money from the build fund to help pay for that. Damn budgets.

Anyway, I chose too wait. I don’t want to max the budget for the VX as I also buy spare parts, oil, transmission fluid, tools, and other such nonsense out of the same budget.

Budget may keep you from over spending, but sometimes they seem too small. I need to hit the lotto LOL!

Tell me about it. Trying to get house #2 paid off puts a crimp in my fun budget.

Spring is here! Damn it. Lots of yard work to do, so no VX work for a couple of weeks.

However, yesterday I fully tested my new (to me) seats and they function perfectly. Even the two-stage seat heater. I will need to build mounting brackets for the new seats, but that is just time. Not seriously difficult.

Also, I have on order a shorter (3’) cb antenna. Once that is on, maybe I can actually pull all the way in to my parking spot. The current 4’ one hits the roof.

Anyway, just a fast update. Back to yard work. :/

Spent yesterday trying to fix my CB. After the antenna smacked the roof of my car port I havn’t been able to get a better SWR than 3.5:1. I changed the antenna. Went from a 4’ to 3’ so now it fits in its parking spot. Didn’t fix the problem.

I removed the mount, cleaned up all of the connections. Still nothing. After inspecting the cable, I think I may have broken something inside the mount. It’s a side panel flush mount from Firestik.

Damn it...