I know its been a while since I have posted an update, and well that partly because I haven’t done anything with the VX. My son broke his ankle (no worries he’s fine now) and that cost me just over $10k (His part of the bill after insurance was $25k) and required two surgeries. My wife just had to have a house with a swimming pool, and $5k later all of those issues (i hope) are sorted. Finally, my bathtub shifted in the floor. Turns out I had leak in the drain pipe and it rotted a joist, the sub floor, and the beams on the bottom of the surrounding walls. I could have let the insurance take care of it, but it would have nearly doubled my premiums. $20k later I have a new bathroom (and a structurally sound house), but damn this has been an expensive year.

So the project is on hold for a bit as I pay down the debt I have needed to get into to keep everything else going. I am actually glad I had the VX. Before this I had a 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD OffRoad (Amazing truck btw). However, if I still had those vehicle payments I may have been sunk. In August two smaller loans will be paid off and I can start to really knock down these other bills and hopefully put my emergency fund (which is $0 at the moment) back in the bank.