Thread: Project VXOverLand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu_Robert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelgord View Post
    What do you use to measure the temperature when you check the transmission fluid level? I want to check mine but don't have a scan tool. I'm not sure what kind of a scan tool it would take...
    I have a Harbor Freight scan tool. I need to get the higher end one so I can read abs codes, but this works for now.
    I've looked at user manuals for the following tools from Harbor Freight:

Cen-Tech Deluxe OBDII Scan Tool (Item 62119) $49.97
    Zurich ZR4 OBD2 Code Reader (Item 63808) $44.99
    Zurich ZR8 OBD2 Code Reader with Live Data (Item 63809) $84.99
    Zurich ZR11 OBD2 Code Reader with ABS (Item 63807) $139.99
    Zurich ZR13 OBD2 Code Reader with ABS/SRS/FixAssist® (Item 63806) $189.99

None of them appear to have a PIDs for transmission fluid temperature. Which one do you have?
    I have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that. Sorry. I must have either been really tired, or completely brain farted the entire thing. My scan tool does not read transmission temperature. To correct what I was saying, I don’t have a way to check the temperature at the moment. I usually just take it for a 10-15 minute drive then park it while running. Not exactly a scientific method, but it what I have at the moment. I have heard there is way to use one of those touchless laser thermometers to do it, but I havn’t tried that.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

What do you use to measure the temperature when you check the transmission fluid level? I want to check mine but don't have a scan tool. I'm not sure what kind of a scan tool it would take...
    I have a Harbor Freight scan tool. I need to get the higher end one so I can read abs codes, but this works for now.
    I've looked at user manuals for the following tools from Harbor Freight:

Cen-Tech Deluxe OBDII Scan Tool (Item 62119) $49.97
    Zurich ZR4 OBD2 Code Reader (Item 63808) $44.99
    Zurich ZR8 OBD2 Code Reader with Live Data (Item 63809) $84.99
    Zurich ZR11 OBD2 Code Reader with ABS (Item 63807) $139.99
    Zurich ZR13 OBD2 Code Reader with ABS/SRS/FixAssist® (Item 63806) $189.99

None of them appear to have a PIDs for transmission fluid temperature. Which one do you have?
    I have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that. Sorry. I must have either been really tired, or completely brain farted the entire thing. My scan tool does not read transmission temperature. To correct what I was saying, I don’t have a way to check the temperature at the moment. I usually just take it for a 10-15 minute drive then park it while running. Not exactly a scientific method, but it what I have at the moment. I have heard there is way to use one of those touchless laser thermometers to do it, but I havn’t tried that.
    Thanks Chris. No worries. I'm the one who posted the question to the Facebook group. Seems like everyone just estimates the temperature. I haven't found anyone who pulled the info with a scan tool. On Planetisuzoo someone managed to get it to work on a Trooper by configuring x-gauges on the Scangauge tool. But it didn't work for them on the VX. Later on, I think I will try to do what Willy Lin suggested, add a T to the cooler line and put a sensor there.