More progress today.

Got rid of all the engines codes except the P0405 (EGR Low) error. I pulled the EGR sensor, new gasket, cleaned it out really good. It seemed to move freely, but at over 170k miles it probably needs a new one. Before I did all that, the error would come back in 3-5 seconds. After all that, and idling for 20 minutes it would take up to 15 seconds to come back, and after a quick 15 mile drive down a back highway it now takes nearly 30 seconds to come back. I am not sure if the gasket is "seating" itself, or if the damn thing just needs changed out. Probably the latter. It looks fairly rough. I'll let the engine cool down for a while then check it again.

My other issue was the Air Intake Temp sensor (P0113 I think). Solved that fairly quickly. Cleaned the plug and re-inserted. That one was easy. As soon as I did it though, the air intake throttle control thing (cant remember the exact name at the moment, but it has the two small torque screws), decided it wanted to make the engine start and idle at 2600 RPM. That was a PITA to diagnose.

Once I figured out what it was it was just a simple matter of removing it, give it (and the housing) a good thorough cleaning and reinstall. This VX is becoming quite the little problem child! LOL! But, that tends to happens when they haven't been treated right for a long time. Oh well. It's late July in Georgia and hot as all get out. I think I am done working on it for today .... nahhhhh ....