Update on my transmission ... woes continue ...

So I swapped out the fuel filter and took it for a test drive. It ran sooooo smooth and perfect. No hard shifting. No slipping. It was honestly the best ride I have had yet. That last right up until I tried to pull into my driveway, slight shutter, very slight, but noticeable. I took it back out again.

This time, instead of a “shutter”, it was like a dragging clutch. All RPM and no power, then it grabbed, but not all at once. More like letting out a clutch pedal. I took the VX down the highway a few miles to the local high-school parking lot. Same thing all the way. It would slip in any gear if I gave it enough gas. On the return trip I was worried I wouldn’t make it home. But I did. If this was a manual I would say it felt like I was riding with my foot resting on the clutch pedal. There was also a groaning noise from the VX while in gear. Due to wind I could only hear it at very slow speeds (like less than 10mph). It doesn’t help that wear hearing aids.

On the plus side, the fuel filter did seam to fix my hard shifting issues, and I don’t need a fuel pump. On the downside, I am ready to burn this thing down. LOL!

I am wondering if I checking the fluid levels while it is still too cold, even after a 15 minute drive? I really need a way to check this.