Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Project VXOverLand

Based on this thread ( http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ght=Window+fix ) I tried the roller baring window fix.

First I pulled the entire regulator and cleaned it up. Even sitting out of the door without the weight of the window it had “sticky” spots. I lubed it up as best I could but some still remained. The little plastic bits are just plain worn out, lots of flopping around.

I decided to try it out anyway and went ahead with the roller. I didn’t have much hope at this point, but what the heck, I had it apart already.

No dice. The regulator is just to far gone. Sine they cost a shiny penny or two, this fix will have to wait. My driver window already mostly works, so the roller may work on that side, but the passenger window will need replacement parts.

Dang it.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

So I greased both window tracks today. 3M makes a grease just for this as it turns out. Great stuff. Fixed the driver window tilt with just this. The passenger side is toast.

When I got the VX it was missing the lower window trim piece on the outside. No idea how long it had been missing. After trying the grease, and a new motor, and the roller bearing, the regulator is just done. There is a lot of rust on the cable, probably from the window trim missing for god knows how long.

Anyway, I ordered a new regulator from Isuzu parts center. Not too bad at $117 shipped.

One step at a time this VX is coming back from the brink...

Today I purchased:

1) A different condenser fan that will hopefully fit behind the winch

2) Heated, Leather, Power seats from a 2002 Jaguar X-Type. Once I figure out the wiring harness I can get it mounted up. I really don’t want to set off the airbag inside it. The leather is in great shape! I hope the rest of the seat is as well. I will be moving the mirror heat switch to the dash, then I can use the two spots in the center console for the seat heater switches.