Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

Hey guys i may have finally purchased a VX! But where is everyone? This forum seems to have really slowed down since years back... are the enthusiasts gone? is the VX hype gone?

There are still many VX enthusiasts out there. However, some of the "original" forum members have sold their VX's and have really slowed down or even completely abandoned this site. On a plus side, we do see new members introducing themselves occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowVX View Post
    There are still many VX enthusiasts out there. However, some of the "original" forum members have sold their VX's and have really slowed down or even completely abandoned this site. On a plus side, we do see new members introducing themselves occasionally.
    well that sucks... funny you say this though because i've noticed a lot more VXs for sale in the past year way more at one time than I use to see. are people unloading them because parts are becoming so difficult to find?

I believe you are correct. Finding parts for these iconic off road vehicles is becoming harder and harder by the day. Not to mention, if you have to buy from Isuzu, the price can be very steep. I've also seen where some members have sold their VX's for financial reasons or the vehicle does not fit their family. None the less, here you will find the VX faithful who share the love for the VX.

This website transitioned to a completely new look and feel some time ago, which put off many of the most frequent users and contributors. Fortunately, all of our collective knowledge can still be found among the clutter here, and may users have found their way to facebook.

But yes, this place isn't the same since the cutover. I think that caused the exodus, which may or may not have anything at all to do with the percieved increase in VX sales.
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Lawrence - I Have Been Trying To Contact You But You Never Respond !

I check in on mornings when I'm sipping coffee at work. The seas are quite calm these days, but that's probably because many of these rigs have gone to the scrap heaven and been sold off to people who just aren't motivated for the social scene. I'm in it to win it till I can get Historic tags on mine.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I still check in on occasion but it seems the site has become another victim of the Facebook/WalMart phenomenon.

I don't use FB for anything more than keeping in touch with casual friends/acquaintances though if I can help it (close friends and I still go the old school route and talk on the phone), so I really have no idea what kinds of FB/VX pages you may find if you want to go that route.

For finding specific VX info/troubleshooting/parts/etc at this point, what's left of this site, Google, eBay, and SearchTempest generally do the trick.

I still check in almost daily, even though I sold my VX over a year and half ago. This site was offline for so long that I didn't have you guys to talk me our of trading my VX. I sometimes regret selling it, but the Taurus SHO that took it's place in the garage is so much more comfortable for those long road trips. I never went off road anymore, didn't need it for commuting in the snow (working from home), and the SHO was both faster (MUCH) and got better gas mileage (~24 combined), and is also rare, soooo...

This site was never the same after it came back online. The Facebook group stole some members away for good. Others simply got tired of waiting, and got out of the VX habit. It's a shame. I really liked VX.INFO.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Glad to hear you got one finally, Lou!

The issue you describe has multiple reasons. People are FB retards now, and I refuse to have anything to do with that leftist-bent, feed-contorting, brainwashing site. That, coupled with a poorly maintained site here, and a total production run of <6000, and you have a recipe for a very small community.

I'm still here though, and I'm never having kids; they'll have to pry my VX out of my cold, dead hands. I used to say that about my 3/s, but I learned the hard way that drivetrain modding quickly empties the wallet, kills reliability, and darkens the soul of hope. My VX is staying 100% drivetrain stock.

Plus...I'm one of the "lucky" ones who hasn't hit 100k miles yet. In any event....Cheers to another Ebony brother! Black is beautiful.

P.S.

Email notification system is hopelessly broken. I'm subscribed to 200+ threads, and I NEVER get update emails for threads on this site. Not junk/spam box, not inbox. nothing.

Hello, I'm still here, as well albeit far less frequently.
    As far as parts, no problem really Isuzu Parts Center can an get all but the rarest items. The remaining VX's if in great shape are bringing more money than ever and the Kelly Blue Book value has risen. I'd keep the faith, the VX ' s best days are yet to come.

this thread needs a serious bump!

Most of the activity has moved the the Facebook group, I believe.
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Guess I'll never be meeting up with anyone then.