Thread: The 'NEW" VX DOT INFO site

The 'NEW" VX DOT INFO site

Well, its been what, little over a year now that this site was 'improved' or whatever you want to call it. As a over ten year paying member, I don't like it worth a damn. I have been patiently waiting for the 'Improvements'. It use to offer something for the members, both paying and non-paying.

for instinct:

How to articles that we member's did, that was then written up with photo's, something that often took twice as long as the mod took, but we did, to share with everyone here.

The workshop manual and electrical manual for the Vehicross that Uncle Asa from Russia sent to me that I forwarded to this site for everyone's use and download. Where is it?

None of this is available with the 'new, improved' site.

and Scott, I did contact you about 6 months ago about this.

So that said, I will not be paying for this site anymore, it's no longer worth it anymore - Rowhard
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Ok..so many are frustrated.

BUT..not half as frustrated I bet, as our Boss man here... Scott / Moncha.

He has had a really " $ H i T T Y " year, with illness and injury, and after ALL the years ( 10-12 plus !!?? ) he has put in..
    .... managing and growing this forum to be the preeminent place to LEARN / SHARE / and make great VX friends ..

.... I'll happily continue to support/donate to the site.

My contributions have SAVED me 10x the amount in help, fix its , parts knowledge...etc etc etc.
    And this site owes me nothing.

Waiting for Scott to be 100% again, so he can complete the upgrades etc...is not too much to ask IMO.

Cheers

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoFotoz For This Useful Post:

don moore (06/08/2016)

I'll mirror what Jo has said.

Scott has given SO much to the VX community...hell, he has basically MADE the VX community with his efforts to creating and running this site. I'm sure once Facebook came along we would have, eventually, found each other, but before that we would have all been a little lost without Scott's efforts.

I still come here at least twice a day to see what is going on and contribute when I can. The FB site doesn't make any sense to me so I don't really check it and there definitely isn't the knowledge base that can still be found on this site just by searching the forums.

I know that Scott is on the mend and will hopefully be back with us at 100%, but until then I will continue to contribute to the site just to keep it up and running even in it's current state.

I know that the site upgrade got put on hold when Scott had MORE health issues, which is why it sits half finished. I don't know if Scott would want this, but does anyone have the knowledge or passion to pick up where he left off? I might have the passion to keep this site going, but I definitely don't have the knowledge to do the coding.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Although I agree that the old setup was more better, and supposedly this new format is still evolving... I think that VEHICROSS.info is still a vital part of the VXer world. The most common post on Facebook? "Check vehicross.info"... If members abandon the forum and support for it goes away, then it will go away and the treasure of information will be gone. Keep the support going, keep constructive criticism and ideas flowing, and hope the Bossman 's health and generosity... his passion and hard work, and this great site stick around for years to come!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    By comparison to what we were all accustomed to, it's a frustrating fustercluck with many components still a WIP. Kinda hard to donate if that function doesn't work.

Think that might'v been a good choice for early implementation.

Devs...

What happens if Scott gets hit by a bus? God I feel like I'm talking to deermagnet again. Distributed management of the site (and I mean the site itself, not just forum administration) is required or vehicross.info will disappear one day.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vt_maverick For This Useful Post:

Ldub (05/19/2016), LittleBeast (11/22/2016), Stephen Biko (05/23/2016)

Okay,
    1st off, Scott, sorry for being the @$$ hole in the crowd. Been that way for 68 years. Have pissed off many, won't chg.

I know you have put your heart and soul into this site and for that, I thank you.

It has saved many of us, some more then once, hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Of course some of us spent more doing the mods everyone came up with. (Your Micro DE's, sw box, and flasher mod were the first I did).
    It gave members who, adjusting a bicycle chain was a challenge, the confidents to tackle CV joints., ball joint flips,..
    Now, sorry, its facebook by another name and a lot of us really don't care to see pictures of someones animal or illegitimate child.
    Plz, remember, I'm 68, that was directed at f-book, +I don't give a ....

Maverick, Brill. The CVs of many here is amazing. sounds easy. I also do not have a clue what would be involved.

Suggestion, make the how-2s and manual's available to paying members. Profits (if any) could be used to help out a broken vx brother or sister with a broken VX.

I know, what a F'ing can of worms that would be,... but I would pay happily.

Sorry if this seemed like a rant, I'm just kinda of medicated.

Exclamation

I hear you guys, the problem I have that is way too long to explain. Let's just say I'm not in good health right now. My strokes from the past are haunting me with a constant, horrible, dehabilitating headache. I'm working though it, but it's at a very high cost. I literally hide from sunlight during the day, bright light at night and noise at all time. It's takes just about everything I got in me to look at a computer for any length of time, let alone make changes that can cause damage. I'm on medications that leave me so jacked up that I regularly pass out and sometimes fall. My last fall occurred the middle of April and left me with a broken ankle, prior to that another fall resulted in tearing up my knee.

I'm aware those don't affect me and the website directly but the meds make me stupid. Stupid is not good so I will have to wait for any big stuff.

Now if someone came forward with enough $$$ and I was sure they would keep the vision going, I might consider. But it would take a good chunk of cash and a real good feeling for me to do that.
    Scott / moncha.com

Scott,

I don't think that anyone is holding you responsible and we all really appreciate what you have done for the VX community. H3LL, you've basically created the VX community.

I don't know how to code (really wish that I did), but is there anything that we can do individually or collectively to help out?

Really hope that you push through all of your ailments VERY soon.

I'd be shocked if we don't have anyone amongst us who could provide the tech support/oversight this site requires. I'm willing to chip in money if I can.

Take care, Scott. I'm stupid without meds., so...

Question I had was there any way to go back to the prior format?
    That way we'd be functional again and Scott could tackle the conversion when he's well......or maybe....skip the conversion altogether.

Thought it was just me, but surprised to see how many users said they don't like this new software, have difficulty, find it confusing, and just plain hate it.....and therefore, rarely go there anymore. Me included.....

Several users mentioned they've seen other forums converted from the old VB format to this software, and lost many members for the same reason.

As several have said, Moncha is the sole reason this awesome forum exists, and it kills me to see it sit idle, when many of us longtermers know just how much incredible value and importance it has.
    It has all the vital data on this very rare truck we're so passionate about, and is truly invaluable.
    I'm so afraid it's going to just die on the vine, solely because of the software.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VX KAT For This Useful Post:

fuzzy (06/14/2016), LittleBeast (11/22/2016), vxcp (06/18/2016)

Is Scott the only person with admin rights and access to the DNS? If so, I mirror what someone else said earlier in this string: we need a couple people with keys just in case (hopefully that is never the case though).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to creeg For This Useful Post:

LittleBeast (11/22/2016)

Well, is $$$ is what it's going to take to finish the site and make it user friendly again.....how about sponsors? I know this group has been offered and refused this option before but maybe now is the time to reconsider?
    Just a thought.....