Thread: front wheel well difference

front wheel well difference

while looking to get new tires i picked the LT285/75-16 KUMHO ROAD VENTURE MT KL71. now after second guessing this decision multiple times i believe that this size will be too big for my VX with stock ride height. i noticed that theres a difference between the space between the front of my tires and the wheel well / bumper. right now i have a set of 245/75/16's on and the drivers side has a gap of 1 3/4" while the other side only has 1 1/2".

i dont know how or why this iz an issue but i need to know what can be done about it to make both sides even. can this be fixed with an alignment or am i looking at a serious problem?

and what will be the widest tires i can go with on stock height? i understand that i can trim a bit off from the front cladding to accommodate for clearance and that wont be a problem as long as i can finally settle on the right width and height of the tires i need to get. i can possibly do the torsion crank trick to get a bit more height if needed, i would like the front and rear to be at the same height.. so how much lift will i need to make that happen?

either alignment, or worn suspension/bushings--that'd be my guess. You can go as wide as you want, if you keep shrinking the sidewall. Consider 285/70's instead of 75's--but even that will require a bit of a trim. IIRC, I'm running 265/60R18's, and these required a trim.

The VX's were, basically, hand built so there will be discrepancies. Everything may be just fine and that's just how your VX is.

Gotta love em for their quirks.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless