Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 2016 - official thread for details, etc....: 05/14/2016 12:00 AM - 05/22/2016 12:00 AM

Thinking about making an appearance. Are there bypasses around extreme obstacles for mild off-roaders with original factory suspensions and wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
    Thinking about making an appearance. Are there bypasses around extreme obstacles for mild off-roaders with original factory suspensions and wheels?
    I took my Stock VX up last year, there are plenty of trails a stock VX can do and there are by passes too. The trails are all rated for difficulty and most of the group is familiar with the trails and can tell you which ones would be good for you.

Come and join us, it is a lot of fun.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    YUP!!

X2 what Christine ( catfish) said

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
    Trails of ALL levels available, everything from the mildest farm track...to extreme.
    Many VX's with stock set ups have taken part..just discuss trails with those that know them..You'll be fine.

BUT..be aware.. be warned..be prepared .. to go home and start ordering new coils/bigger tires..etc etc..
    ..cause its infectious !

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I received an Email from Sharon today regarding my room reservation. She's still there.

You'll be surprised what your stock VX is capable of.

The bylaws do not prohibit attendance by other makes of vehicle. Nor do they prohibit any specific type of warning device.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    You'll be surprised what your stock VX is capable of.

The bylaws do not prohibit attendance by other makes of vehicle. Nor do they prohibit any specific type of warning device.
    Appreciate the encouragement. Was considering either my good ole VX or brand new 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, ordered less than a week ago (if this dealer honors our agreed upon price). Went through ordering a 2014 Trailhawk in 2014, but walked away when that dealer decided he wanted more than the agreed upon price. Hate the car buying experience.

Will hand it to Jeep for honesty in advertising, though. In their promotional videos of Trailhawks on the Rubicon Trail, Lake Tahoe, California, you can clearly see one sustained damage to its front fascia, two 4" dents and a 6" tear, plus lots of front and side scrapes. I have no intention of scratching or denting my new set of wheels or my good ole VX.

Received email from Sharon today that she will be in office no later than Friday. Will be getting in touch with all soon.

I did too.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

I will officially be thousands of miles away at this timeframe. But I'll be there in spirit. I wish I could say this was an exception, but it's been the same thing with my 3SGTO.org buddies & their national gathering. Work just always finds a way to take priority.

Is anyone driving I-15 past the Ogden area for this event? If I'm back by the tail end of this, I might be able to host an open-house for those who are passing through.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Maybe I'll head down there this year. I hear Moab can be a lot of fun.
    Well I sure hope ya do Craig-O since I didn't get to see ya last year!
    Whatcha drivin' dis year?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    I did too.
    Hope her husband is okay, haven't heard anything in about a month, still don't have an actual reservation.

I just called and made a reservation from Friday-Sunday. I happen to be moving to Oklahoma from Chicago that next week so I'm really hoping to make it out for a couple of days with you guys! Question though, how often does stuff break (cvs, tie rods) and is it bad for the car to be going over rocks and stuff with torsion bars maxed? (I know it's rough on the backside...). I'll probably take it easy because the last thing I need is for her to break down out there.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Just confirmed with Sharon this morning

14th - 22nd

her Hubby is better..but still getting there..so all good vibes for him .

YAY..Moab !

Jo

===

Hadn't heard back, so called and confirmed today. Now I'm hoping I can get the Foxfire I recently acquired in shape. I just got her up and started a to do list. I'm gonna need a bigger notebook then I thought. Worst part is I had to order a bunch from Japan. Gonna be cutting it close.

Hey guys...any room for a proton and maybe a foxfire too? We will need to request time off and cross our fingers, but we'll try to get down there this year (and not so late that we miss out on seeing people). Boyfriend is starting a new clinic type job and cutting to part time on his current unit until he starts FNP school in June; we will see if he can get time off. My job there is no problem...I have an awesome ANM that will barter days off for overtime on days we are short nurses. I am hopeful we can make this work.

Protons, neutrons, electrons, they're all welcome!