Thread: A/C Problems : Fan motor not working, and other issues.

Wrench A/C Problems : Fan motor not working, and other issues.

So since the day I bought the car my heater hasn't worked. Let me tell you, this car was dreadful to drive in the winter with no heater as every window instantly fogs up since theres very little space in the car. So im forced to turn on the A/C in short bursts. Well now it seems the fan motor decides when it wants to work. But if I set it to outside air instead of inside circulation, the A/C will work as long as im moving, but no where near full blast. Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

'97 Astral 1334, '97 Astral 1320, '98 Golden Mica 1432
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAGGIE-VX-01 View Post
    So since the day I bought the car my heater hasn't worked. ... So im forced to turn on the A/C in short bursts. Well now it seems the fan motor decides when it wants to work. But if I set it to outside air instead of inside circulation, the A/C will work as long as im moving, but no where near full blast. Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
    Hi TEXAGGIE-VX-01,

Sounds like when you had no heat, the blower motor worked, at least with A/C on. I recall someone talking about a broken or disconnected heater control linkage. Perhaps that would be a good place to start.

If the linkages are OK then perhaps it would be a good idea to flush out the heater matrix. It doesn't take much to corrode especially if the engine was run for a while without antifreeze.

Lastly, I posted a trouble shooter guide for the blower motor. When I replaced the blower motor a bunch of other quirky behaviors of the auto climate controls were resolved. In the post, I also addressed low volume of air and an easy way to check the motor.

Here is the post: http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...S+Blower+motor

If your blower motor is super tough to turn then maybe a new motor would solve several things at once. Not sure if the new blower motors are still available from the source that I mentioned.

Good luck.