Thread: Custom VehiCross Illuminated Door Sills

Custom VehiCross Illuminated Door Sills

I'm going on 2 years installed now and these have been a champ... very durable.

20131107_201141.jpg

20150827_214355.jpg

20150827_214329.jpg

This is one of several items where no one had ever done them before. When I had them custom made I had to pay a one time set up cost for our VehiCross logo. They said that any purchases after mine would not be as much. With set up cost, cost of 1 pair of these in blue color (all other are colors available), s/h and insurance was about $230. Since the invoice was not itemized, I'm not sure how much of it was for set up and so I'm not sure how much they will be for you, but they are supposed to be cheaper than what I paid. I've sent plenty of pics for them to post in the gallery. Note that you will have to cut out a section of your stock plastic door sill for these to work. See the pics I've posted. If you have any questions about this mod, PM me or tysamigo@gmail.com.

They also custom etch almost any type of glass or plastic and I intend on them making a custom illuminated VehiCross framed artwork to hang in my living room..

If anyone is interested in purchasing a set of the door sills, go to the following site, contact them and let them know you are interested in a set of the custom VehiCross illuminated door sills. Stephen is the man to talk to. I've had lots of compliments on them and love them!

http://www.kingpennindustries.com/DS/default.aspx
    ---------

Ty

I reached out...
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

stephen@windrestrictor.com

3:28 PM (13 hours ago)
    Reply I received:

John sorry we don't make these anymore

Stephen Pennington
    WindRestrictor®

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Thanks for the info, these door sills look great!!!

Uhm...

I'm going to call him today. That doesn't make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyapollo View Post
    stephen@windrestrictor.com

3:28 PM (13 hours ago)
    Reply I received:

John sorry we don't make these anymore

Stephen Pennington
    WindRestrictor®
    Good news (at the bottom of my reply...)

I just got off the phone with Rebecca. Long story short they are trying to source a new company/partner for the parts they need to revive the CUSTOM ILLUMINATED DOOR SILL. I'm not sure what happened between when I purchased mine and now, but it appears that for now they are not available. Stephen (the main man behind engineering their products) has been busy with doing Shows and such. Rebecca said that they have been talking about reviving this product line but now with our potential interest ... we may help accelerate it.

Basically if we can do a small group buy, it will certainly happen. If we don't do a group buy, then it will probably still happen, but not as quickly.

While I was on the phone with Rebecca, she went to the back office and found 2 SETS OF VEHICROSS DOOR SILLS (white led)!!!! That's all she has until/if new ones get made. She said they are available for $199 (plus s/h) for anyone interested. Apollo, I'd call and speak directly with her if WHITE will be ok. The door sill is still stainless, but the illumination part is WHITE. They are in Dallas, TX and on Central Time. 972.487.5987 ask for Rebecca.

If anyone is interested in a set of these, please show your interest here in this thread and I will track everything and help facilitate this along so that hopefully we can have these readily available.

Any Q's, just let me know...

Rebecca confirmed... that at the moment... the blue set that I have and the 2 white sets that she has are the ONLY 3 SETS in the world! Hopefully that won't remain the case...

I had door sills custom made by this same company when I had the solstice gxp. They made my company logo for me and it worked out great. I may bug them about producing another set specifically for the vx for advertising.

For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

Rudy, that would be awesome! Those look so good!!

Can they offer it with LED choices? Or even without LED's so I can source my own colors?

They are back lit with LED. The wire coming from the sills is very long with a female connector on the end. It came with a male connector with more wire. I wired them up to my dome light wires running up front passenger side pillar. Any Q's you have, I would call Rebecca and ask her. This is a small business filling a niche market and they are extremely nice people. When working with them on the original VX Door Sill project, they were very versatile and awesome to deal with.
    Last edited by tysamigo : 12/30/2015 at 03:33 PM