Thread: Carworx Refinish Restorer - THE end all, beat all cladding treatment

Carworx Refinish Restorer - THE end all, beat all cladding treatment

I just thought I'd write this on this review as it's been almost a year. I picked up this stuff http://www.amazon.com/Carworx-133-17.../dp/B008A5GRHM last April after stumbling upon it and reading the reviews on Amazon. I applied it last April, 2014. I DD my truck, and it has seen rain, sleet, dirt, multiple car washes, etc., since the first application.

This is what the cladding looked like when I picked up the truck 4 yrs ago:

I washed the truck on Sunday. This is the truck Monday evening. The cladding had nothing applied to it, it was just washed and rinsed with the rest of the truck (don't mind the dirt near the wheel well).

This picture illustrates the treatment best. You can see on the interior of the cladding where it wasn't applied, and the exterior part where it *was* applied. Remember, the Carworx was applied almost a year ago.

The cladding is shiny, has depth, and looks a million times better than pre-treatment. The first time I applied it, I put it on unevenly. Over the next few weeks, I plan on re-applying it to even it out, as well as trying it on the roof rails and my bike rack. Application is a bit time consuming (2 hrs) but well, well worth it.

5 stars.
    Last edited by eternal21 : 04/01/2015 at 09:13 AM

Wipe New is what I recommend. It works outstanding and never fades. And one of their demo vehicles is a VehiCROSS
    And you can buy all their products at Wal-Mart.

http://www.wipenew.com/

Hmmmm...according to that ad, you get half an ounce of Wipe New @ $13.59/package. In comparison, you get half a *liter* of CarWorx for $46.50. After some quick math (.5L = 16.9oz)....

-basically, you're paying ~$27.18/ounce for Wipe New (including free shipping on Amazon)
    -conversely, I'm paying ~$2.72/ounce for CarWorx (including $6.40 shipping on Amazon)

Think I'll be sticking w/the CarWorx
    Last edited by eternal21 : 04/01/2015 at 12:23 PM

& for us messy detailers ... we'll be sticking with Back to Black (it don't hurt paint).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    & for us messy detailers ... we'll be sticking with Back to Black (it don't hurt paint).
    Hmmmmmmmm....dunno if CarWorx wrecks paint, have to read the container when I get home, but I haven't any paint issues. In addition, it also:

-Protects and renews gelcoat, plastic, and metal surfaces
    -Removes traces of polish and restores luster on aluminum, chrome, brass, and other metals

Confirmed....no "be careful, don't get it on paint!!!!" warning on the container.
    www.thefundamentalelements.com

There's an entire detailed thread about Restore/Refinish.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ighlight=R%2FR

I had extensive experience with it. Several other VXers also applied it.
    It ended up being extremely SHINY on my cladding, which wasn't to my liking, really.

Mine ended up literally chipping off and being a total mess. Nobody is really sure why it happened to mine, but likely inadequate prep or *** my cladding was weird *** it was always a bluish light gray color, and looked like nobody elses....It was never dry or chalky, just light gray, very light gray.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=refinisher

I was able to use a pressure sprayer to blast it all off, I then went on to use Showroom New dye with absolute great success. It's a permanent dye, and I never ever had to use any conditioning products again, and it never changed in appearance, just like a benefit of R/R also.
    Although I just read this week, in the Showroom New thread, that it's not readily available on ebay like it was.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...t=showroom+dye

Several were interested in the WipeNew product:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...15&postcount=6

Another interesting thread TC Black Fusion:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...hlight=restore
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Ladies and germs, the purpose of this thread wasn't to get into a comparison about which product is best; the purpose was to share my experiences with one particular product with the group. There's already a cladding restoration post that outlines many of the products on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal21 View Post
    Ladies and germs, the purpose of this thread wasn't to get into a comparison about which product is best; the purpose was to share my experiences with one particular product with the group.
    Well shame on you for instigating such a controversial topic amongst such a volatile group. What were you thinking????

What's next? Are you going to start a poll on what color our cladding is???

I jest of course.

I once started a thread on what everyone's favorite wiper blades were. It was actually quite informative since there was a lot of experience with products I wasn't familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Well shame on you for instigating such a controversial topic amongst such a volatile group. What were you thinking????

What's next? Are you going to start a poll on what color our cladding is???

I jest of course.

I once started a thread on what everyone's favorite wiper blades were. It was actually quite informative since there was a lot of experience with products I wasn't familiar with.
    Nah, I was going to go with something a little less taxing....like which came first, the chicken or the egg

I'd read that cladding threads quite a few times. Settled on 303 for awhile, but wanted something longer lasting. Thought that I'm a year into this stuff, I should write a review. The best laid plans and such

Thumbs up Cladding Paint

The BEST Is To Re Paint It & Bake It On With Gatorback Paint If Possible In A Spray Booth & You Will NEVER Have To Apply Anything To The Cladding Again - Just Wash it Normally !