Thread: tod check light

tod check light

for the past couple of days when my car is driving after a couple of minutes all four lights on the TOD come on and it says check. When I stop the car the lights are normal just the back wheels and not the front lit up on the dash and the check light comes off any ideas what this could be

does

the check light remain on if you keep driving? Does it blink?
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

yes it is blinking it takes awhile for it to come on maybe a few minutes of driving and then all four wheels lite up and check blinks

I had that happen

Quote Originally Posted by zadam123 View Post
    yes it is blinking it takes awhile for it to come on maybe a few minutes of driving and then all four wheels lite up and check blinks
    On mine it needed a sensor on the Tranny replaced. It was a while ago so I can't remember specifics. Mine was under warranty and Isuzu was still in the states. I would think the manual would explain. I searched here apparently that is a sign for a lot of stuff. I would take it to a parts store and have code read.

I don't think that TOD codes can be read at a parts store. I think you need to do the flashy thang at some connector. I'll look for the pdf that deermagnet posted on the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by zadam123 View Post
    Mine starts blinking after about 10-15 minutes of driving. I'll have to stop procrastinating next month & track down that gremlin.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 02/19/2015 at 08:43 AM

The cheapest "test" on this one is to check your tire pressure; it needs to be w/in 2-3 pounds of each other. I had a slow leak in a tire once, and sure enough, my TOD light came on; went away once I figgered it out...

Hi all!! Im fairly new to owning a VX but have wanted one since I saw it on the lot in Houston in 1999. I just bought a fairly well kept one with a little over 200k miles on her. I'm not using her as a daily driver, just winter wheels and some weekend fun.

My TOD light seems to come on blinking when its below 40 degrees outside. She goes into 2 wheel drive and I have to drive her for about 5 miles or so and then turn her off and on to reset it.

The TOD light will stay off and systems seem to be normal with power restored to the front wheels.

It usually will stay working unless I park her for a few COLD hours. Then I have to repeat the whole process.

I'm hoping someone has had this event as well and can point me in a direction of a fix. It's spring now and the TOD works as it should with no issues at these temperatures but now is the time to put her up on the ramp and take a look. I can't seem to reproduce the situation without the colder days....

I hope someone might have a solution????!!!!!.......

Thanks in advance.

for the past few weeks, my red CHECK light starts flashing just after a few minutes of driving.
    It pretty much stays on the whole time while driving, short or long trips.
    Trans has been having trouble shifting from 2 to 3rd gear sometimes, but its been doing that
    for almost 2 yrs. It could be in my head, but I feel like Ive been hearing diff noise in the
    rear diff when making a sharp slow turn in a parking lot.
    My green lites still seems to show grip under hard acceleration, from bottom to top.
    The Az weathers been mid 80s, nothing out of the blue there.
    How do you pull codes for diagnostics on that part of the system, or can you ?
    truck has about 178k on it...

Check out our VX accessories @
    www.planetsvx.com
    click on the Vehicross button on the left side
    of the page

Quote Originally Posted by Vehi-Cross-Az View Post
    for the past few weeks, my red CHECK light starts flashing just after a few minutes of driving.
    It pretty much stays on the whole time while driving, short or long trips.
    Trans has been having trouble shifting from 2 to 3rd gear sometimes, but its been doing that
    for almost 2 yrs. It could be in my head, but I feel like Ive been hearing diff noise in the
    rear diff when making a sharp slow turn in a parking lot.
    My green lites still seems to show grip under hard acceleration, from bottom to top.
    The Az weathers been mid 80s, nothing out of the blue there.
    How do you pull codes for diagnostics on that part of the system, or can you ?
    truck has about 178k on it...
    You can do a self diagnois and pull codes yourself from TOD. All you need is some speaker wire and find out location of the #8 pin on the obd plug and ground it. It's basically an easy counting process of the TOD 'check' light itself. There's also another process which you can erase the TOD codes putting the manual 4wd shifter into neutral and step on the brake 5 times within 5 seconds. I suggest checking out the youtube link for the abs codes down below to understand the counting process. Check out this link which will give you a better step by step process:

http://www.justanswer.com/car/2ws0a-...eck-light.html

The same process can be used for the abs light if you want to pull the codes. But instead of grounding the #8, you plug it into #12. Here's a video to how to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JenyKOVJEI

Good luck.
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ron For This Useful Post:

siemprelisto (11/10/2016), virtualruffy (12/10/2016), Y33TREKker (11/11/2016)