Thread: help p0102

help p0102

hi guys my thermostat housing somehow got a hole in it. wow what a pain in the ***** to get to but after hrs of taking stuff off and a prayer that a junkyard had the housing from a trooper and was the same i got it all back together but now i am throwing a p0102 code.

does anyone know if maby i missed a hose or what would throw that code??

please help

PS when you take the throttle body off you can see the egr tube in there and mine was almost totally clogged which was why i was getting a p0405 code. even though i sprayed carb cleaner in the hole for years to clean out it looks like it builds up at the end of the tube so if your having egr issues you may want to get to that tube and clean it out . i got a wire bruch and it worked wonders no more egr code and if you can help me with the other code i can finally get my car inspected ...

First thing to try is to get a spray can of MAF cleaner & clean that honey comb thingamabob (MAF) located near your air filter. Wouldn't hurt to go ahead and throw a new air filter in too.

I just got a P0101 code on the Amigo so I'll probably need to do the same.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 02/11/2015 at 07:39 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks for the reply but I did that already I have a k &n filter and cleaned that too. Any other things I should look for?

Our VXs don't like oiled K&N. If you've been running one for a while, the MAF may need to be replaced. I don't know how robust they are so cleaning may or may not be enough.

The maf looks clean can it still be bad? I have been running a K & N filter for 10 years

I dunno. I just remembered reading about all the problems people were having with them a few years ago. I've never run one so I won't be of much help. Sorry.

It looks like I have the same issue as you that po102 I had changed my MAF sensor but I'm still throwing that code. If I reset the code it takes about 10 seconds to come back on just buy the car running. Any ideas what this could be? I also have a PO168 02 sensor code is there any way that you could be related?