Thread: Shocks

Shocks

Hi Everyone! I'm back. I finally got my VX repaired and am way less bummed now. I am a bit bi-polar and for some reason car problems REALLY bum me out. I guess I have some emotional attachment to my vehicle and when it lets me down... Oh well do I sound like an idiot or what?

by the way, once again the hard starting was a bad fuel regulator pump, just like you guys said. These boards are the sh*t!

Can anyone reccomend some good, fairly agressive aftermarket shocks. As is customary, my shocks have hit the crapper with only 43k and I need some new ones ASAP. I was wondering if anyone could recomend some good, reasonably priced aftermarket shocks. Also state if you have any knowledge of any installation problems.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Why cut down the trees to build the church when you can just worship in the forest?

Do a search for "rancho" on these boards. You will get exactly what you are looking for!!!

I searched rancho, but while some seem to have them, there wasnt a ton of info. Anyone have any info on good shocks, other than the 9000, which I've already eliminated? ALSO, If anyone would oblige, are shocks easy to install? I'm fairly mechanical, but have never installed them before? Is it a short bolt on procedure, or is anything really extensive required?

Bill

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Freon VX
    ..... Anyone have any info on good shocks ....
    Explorer ProComp MX6

Just curious, but why did you elimnate the Rancho 9000's? Was it performance, cost or what? So far the only real issue I've heard about the rancho's that may cause anyone not to want them is that they can't be made any stiffer then the stock shocks, but everyone seemed to say they were just as stiff, worked really well and had the added bonus of being able to make them less stiff (ie: bouncier ride).

Originally posted by omegavx
    Just curious, but why did you elimnate the Rancho 9000's? Was it performance, cost or what? So far the only real issue I've heard about the rancho's that may cause anyone not to want them is that they can't be made any stiffer then the stock shocks, but everyone seemed to say they were just as stiff, worked really well and had the added bonus of being able to make them less stiff (ie: bouncier ride).
    I'm wondering too... plus, you can purchase the remote module and adjust the ride from in the cabin.