Thread: prop shaft for 4 wheel drive

prop shaft for 4 wheel drive

So, when I bought my VX, the front prop shaft for the 4x4 was jacked up and making noise, so I worked a repair into the deal. The dealership ordered the new shaft from Isuzu for around $700.. about 4 MONTHS ago! Is it typical for parts to take this long to come from Japan? Also, are these prop shafts the same as the ones for the troopers with TOD? I have been driving my VX since I got it with no front shaft. I also completely disconnected the TOD ECU, so I'm full on rear wheel drive right now, which doesn't seem to be causing any issues. I am just suffering without my 4x4! Not to mention I have yet to see what this "TOD" is all about.. Does anyone know where I could source a used shaft and what it might cost? Any suggestions, comments? Thanks Again fellow VXers!

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by mattferguson14 View Post
    Does anyone know where I could source a used shaft and what it might cost? Any suggestions, comments? Thanks Again fellow VXers!
    Junkyard, Trooper with TOD.

I have a spare that I won't use but I believe one of the boots is slightly torn (from age not abuse). It came off a Trooper with no lift or modifications. If you want it, just send me a PM with an offer.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by mattferguson14 View Post
    So, when I bought my VX, the front prop shaft for the 4x4 was jacked up and making noise, so I worked a repair into the deal. The dealership ordered the new shaft from Isuzu for around $700.. about 4 MONTHS ago! Is it typical for parts to take this long to come from Japan? Also, are these prop shafts the same as the ones for the troopers with TOD? I have been driving my VX since I got it with no front shaft. I also completely disconnected the TOD ECU, so I'm full on rear wheel drive right now, which doesn't seem to be causing any issues. I am just suffering without my 4x4! Not to mention I have yet to see what this "TOD" is all about.. Does anyone know where I could source a used shaft and what it might cost? Any suggestions, comments? Thanks Again fellow VXers!
    The way this works is all parts must be ordered and paid for then when a shipping container load is ready the parts are sent. However I recently got a part I preordered so it should be here by now.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

x2 on trooper, or Acura SLX. I got one in the yard off of an Acura, like 25 bucks, ordered another one on ebay for 60 or 70 shipped. Need to get another one again, keep ripping boots and doing dumb things like driving in dirty water...I really need to find a driveline shop to build me one with cardinals instead.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Really, from an Acura? I just spoke with the shop I bought the truck from. The part is still on back order. I financed an additional $1000 on my initial buy to cover the cost of parts and labor. If i can really get one at the junk yard for $25, i should go take my $1000 back and buy used!

My used $70 Trooper prop shaft has lived quite happily over the past few years
    Just make sure you get it from a TOD equipped Trooper (or any of its re badged cousins).
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Yep, the Acura SLX is a rebadged Trooper, just like the passport is a rebadged rodeo (well, the older ones anyway)
    Ebay has several right now for about 100 bucks shipped, just make sure you ask them if it is from a TOD truck, the non tod will not work (rodeo ones DO NOT work, regardless of what their ad says)

Awesome, thanks guys!