Thread: Front Running Lights

Front Running Lights

Is there another Isuzu, such as the Rodeo, that shares the same, clear lens, front running lights on the VX? It twist in to the front cladding above the turn signal. If so what model and year?

The reason I'm asking, going to add fog lights and would like to cut the back off the existing light housing and install the fog lights behind the existing lens. (keeping the stock look, saw VX Kat did that) Going to add a stand off from the lower turn signal housing with all thread and sleeved with 1/2" conduit for support. I just don't want to hack these housings up and find out they are super hard to find.

Watch your temps, I've seen warped lenses from bulbs that ran too hot. Good luck an don't forget to post pics when done.

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Yep, thought about that, they are only 50 watt Hella Micro and will have them back away from the lens. I'll take some pictures along the way.

Yeah, and I was running Vision X Solstice Solo Prime LED pods so they stayed cool enough.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I did something like this, but I just installed some HID fog lights with angel eye rings around them. Following Moncha's lead on his installation of the Hella Micro-DE lights http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...ewarticle&id=2 , I just used flat stock aluminum and bent it into a square U-shape and cut some slots in the long sides of the "U" (for adjustability) to mount the fog lights. I DID mount it to the top of the turn signal housing because it's a VERY sturdy piece of plastic. I painted everything black to make it disappear and it's been working well for a few years now.

I have some pictures of the install at home, and I'd be happy to post them if it would help anyone.

CB, to your point; I did remove the stock running lights and I did cut out the mounting flanges for them in order to get the new fog lights in so I really can't go backwards from here. Moncha's DE install did NOT remove the mounting flanges so maybe take a look at that as an option if you can't, don't want to, hack up the stock running lights or their mounting locations.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

If you look really closely, you will find "NISSAN" embossed on inside of the lens. Its usually covered by a checkered light grey print. They can be found on the Silvia (180sx), but you would be better off finding someone that is parting with the VX version as the 180sx comes with the grill pieces.

VX Part Numbers:
    Right: 8-97207-191-0
    Left: 8-97207-192-0

180sx Part Numbers:
    Right: B6130-60F00
    Left: B6135-60F00
    More info
    Last edited by Knigh7s : 01/24/2015 at 10:59 PM
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Sure as sh*t, it reads NISSAN under that checkered pattern. Thanks so much for this info. You've answered my question Knigh7s!

The only difference is the NISSAN ones have orange lens.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/R33-GTR-Skyl...733555&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by Cable Bob : 01/20/2015 at 02:58 PM

Nice Find!

Wow, didn't know they were on the R33 GT-R... I'll add that to the wiki!