Thread: Parts Availability

Parts Availability

Anybody having trouble getting parts? Any words of wisdom to a hesitant Dad who is being asked by his 2nd son to help him buy a VX? This will be my family's 3rd VX, but I am starting to get concerned about parts availability. BTW, Dad has Yellow, 1st son has Firefox, and Dad wants to help 2nd son buy Green (so he quits driving mine).

There are pros and cons with owning a VX, but they sure are cool. I hope to keep mine long enough so I can retire to the Wisconsin winters.

Thumbs up

Buy a 4th one (maybe get a better deal buying two) and use it as a parts car!

I think there is an evil plot going on here so as you can try and own all the VXs in the world!
    Just how many kids you got anyway?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Unhappy Finite Supply...

With the ceramic dies gone, limited supply of spares, and all the recent crashes, I doubt if the supply of spare parts will last much longer. But on the bright side, we were lucky enough to enjoy a VX while they last, so by all means DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT, Anything that lasts forever will party on long after you're dead, so Carpe Diem and don't sweat the small stuff.
    NAVIGATOR

Thanks. That was what I was trying to confirm, are you sure the ceramic dies are dead and gone? I knew they had a limited life, but I thought maybe there was a little life in them so Isuzu could make one last run to help with demand.

And yes, we will probably get it anyway, just trying to make sure my son understands the risks.

Although I don't recall thinking about risks when I was 16.

I believe that US federal regs require that a manufacturer be able to provide parts and service for 10 years after a model is discontinued. Maybe only 7 years. Either way, I'm sure that there is a warehouse full of spares and I wouldn't be too worried about it for at least another few years.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Not real sure about the time regulation. With the Buick Grand National, it was a demand based program. When demand fell below a certain level, they started discontinuing parts.

one thing that i have a prob with is the cladding, but i already thought of a solution.

when/if there are no more cladding pieces available, ill beg ron to make a die and make the piece i need.

he seems pretty good at that already