Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VX Bonnet

VX Bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    Here's my spare one, unfortunately the paint is cracked, panel itself looks ok;

Probably no use to you with that crack. I'm planning to sand it down, epoxy a couple of hood scoops onto it, wrap it and them swap it onto my JDM, but don't know when I'll get to that.
    Thanks for getting back to me....I think that possibly the best solution is to repair and wrap my current part, I'm guessing you can't buy new @ sensible money and as all vehicles now are approaching a good age all will exhibit same issues.
    BTW the yellow car in the picture are you parting it out by any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ripster3736 View Post
    I'm guessing you can't buy new @ sensible money and as all vehicles now are approaching a good age all will exhibit same issues.
    The hood panel on my JDM is still in good shape;

but it has been living in Ireland and mostly garaged, I suspect sun exposure is a big factor in the cracking.

BTW the yellow car in the picture are you parting it out by any chance.
    Yeah, breaking it at the moment. Engine is now in my JDM, rear cladding (with US side markers) and front diff will be going on my JDM, the rest I will keep as spares or in case anyone else in the UK needs a part. Body shell will be going to the scrapyard, wife won't let me keep it (says it's an eyesore . The current light bar on my JDM is surplus as well if you want one.

New one is $450 if it's still available! Just had mine painted Gloss black for $200 came out nice
    LFen

Could you give me a price for the little heater relay thing thats down in the fan chamber please.

Quote Originally Posted by David Wiltshire View Post
    Could you give me a price for the little heater relay thing thats down in the fan chamber please.
    I'm not sure which part you mean; otherwise I'd be happy to, but be warned it may be a while before I get to it. I urgently need to get the front diff and cooling fixed on my JDM before I can start tearing up the USDM car's interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    I'm not sure which part you mean; otherwise I'd be happy to, but be warned it may be a while before I get to it. I urgently need to get the front diff and cooling fixed on my JDM before I can start tearing up the USDM car's interior.
    No problem its situated under the passenger side opening storage box on the JDM's you have to remove the cover completely then open up the heater/fan unit.
    I'll take it apart this week-end and let you know.