Thread: help Please...noise from underside of VX

Question help Please...noise from underside of VX

Hey guys.

i went to dealer today to check my front and rear shocks out since front of my vx nose dive and also make strange metal to metal noise from around rear suspension area. (when I physically shake VX sideways, i can regeneraate the noise) I was so sure rear shocks are shot since I had real rough ride even I have only 12,000 mile on my VX.
    As I expected they did not found anything and unfortunately I couldn't regenerate the noise this morning. Anyway they blamed that the noise is coming from loose rear bumper cover (I lost couple of screws when i got my hitch installed) and chaged me for inspection ($47) and for front shocks (nose diving) they told me they had to adjust tortion bars and also charged me $40.
    After I pick her up tonight, the noise was still there and I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
    it seems like when I shake my VX the noise comes from mid section of passenger side. also when I go over bumps, I can hear it when VX coming down from the top of bumps. is it possible it could come from Trailing Link??
    Please share your thoughts.

thanks in advance.

PS. dealer told me they will replace 4 chrome wheels under warantee but I have to pay $45 for balacing and mounting.
    also they order 2 new headlamp assemblis for loose rubber gaskets....
    At leaset I got something out of them
    Last edited by Deathbyarchitect : 11/22/2003 at 07:48 AM
    Jkim
    01 black VX
    04 black V40 LSE

not sure, but i do know my girl will moan every once in a while. she tells me new things daily.

driving down the road hear a metalic pop noise from the back, liek "wtf was that?" but she still handles like normal. guess ol' girl wasnt used to being drivin the way she was suppose to

as far as yours goes, look underneath, shake from underneath, find out exactly whats making the noise (have friends help if need be) then post here if you cant figure out what some item is

Re: help Please...noise from underside of VX

Originally posted by Deathbyarchitect

PS. dealer told me they will replace 4 chrome wheels under warantee but I have to pay $45 for balacing and mounting.
    also they order 2 new headlamp assemblis for loose rubber gaskets....
    At leaset I got something out of them

Well you are doing better than me on those last accounts. My dealer refused to replace the wheels and headlamps.
    Shan
    Phoenix, AZ
    2001 - Fox - VX

Forget that man they are trying to screw you. Those tires would not need to be remounted and balanced if the wheels had not failed. So that is there problem not yours, dont back down from the service guys usually they just need to be pushed a bit.