Thread: Rocky Road...

Rocky Road...

Does anyone know anything about rocky road or what is going on with them?

Ordered a lift kit and despite numerous conversations with them over the phone, I stil have no lift kit and now their phone number belongs to some asian man who says I have the wrong number. and its not listed on their website anymore either. called their local number and got nothing. WTF?!?

HELP!
    "The Marines have landed and the situation is well in hand."

I have heard before that they are slow to ship things. Otherwise, I looked on their web page(s) & found both the toll-free number (888-801-7271) as well as the local number (435 654-1149). I just called the local number & talked to a guy there & he said they are slammed this week & there will be a funeral tomorrow so business hours will be odd. Sooo... I had no problem contacting RRO.

If you bring up the issue on their facebook page perhaps you will be paid more attention...
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocky...28883420486195

The owner seems to be Glenn Wakefield.
    If no luck thru other options maybe color yourself a pita & hit up Mr. Wakefield on LinkedIn...
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/glenn-wakefield/10/7a6/168
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

i got super sliders from them last year - i actually ordered the rock rails and a guy from there called me and asked if i wanted the super sliders instead because he just wanted to make sure and people sometimes order the wrong ones on the website - he was right and i did order the wrong ones - iirc it took about 2 weeks for the sliders to get to my house and they are pretty dern heavy

he also said they "will bolt right on and you should only have to drill a few holes" - yeah, no - you have to drill all 20 if you dont weld them on none of them match up to the factory holes down there

i welded mine
    Last edited by evillecutter : 04/16/2014 at 06:02 AM

I didn't do all the holes, just the frame ones and a few on the body seam. That was 6 years ago and who knows how many rocks.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    If you can recover the payment...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil6531 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about rocky road or what is going on with them?

Ordered a lift kit and despite numerous conversations with them over the phone, I stil have no lift kit and now their phone number belongs to some asian man who says I have the wrong number. and its not listed on their website anymore either. called their local number and got nothing. WTF?!?
    HELP!
    .... a "Lift Kit" isnt really needed anyway.

OME (Old Man Emu) rear springs of your choice ( about $150 p/pair)..
    ...and T/bar cranking is all thats really required.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    If you can recover the payment...

.... a "Lift Kit" isnt really needed anyway.

OME (Old Man Emu) rear springs of your choice ( about $150 p/pair)..
    ...and T/bar cranking is all thats really required.

Jo
    +1, and Indy4x keeps most of the OME coil springs in stock for quick shipment. I remember Mdwyer waited a long time before receiving springs from Rocky Road, which is why i've never purchased anything from them.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    +1, and Indy4x keeps most of the OME coil springs in stock for quick shipment. I remember Mdwyer waited a long time before receiving springs from Rocky Road, which is why i've never purchased anything from them.
    In fact I purchased OME 919 coil springs last Thursday from Indy4x and they were delivered today.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    YUP!!

Matt at Indy....

Jo

Well, this will make you feel better. In JANUARY I order two sets of shocks and springs for my two Troopers. Today is April 17th and I still have nothing.

I ordered from them because their prices were the best AND I was told all was in stock. A week after I ordered I had to call to get a tracking number and they then told me all the stuff was back-ordered from Australia! Basically, Rocky-Road does not stock much. They drop ship all of their ARB and OME stuff out of ARB in Washington state. If ARB USA does not have it, it comes from Australia. And in my case, I was told ARB had to MAKE my springs and that is what I am waiting on. Finally, I have a drop ship date of April 28th. If the stuff doesn't ship by then, I might cancel my order and try somewhere else.

I really like the guys at Rocky-Road, they are always nice and get me an answer, but this waiting time is bogus. A few weeks, even a month, is fine, but I am going on four months now on a purchase of over $1200. Not cool. Had I been told this at the beginning, this would not be a problem. I understand Isuzu parts are not commonly ordered, etc.

I remember years ago when I ordered my OME springs for my VX, that took over a month too.

Sadly, I think this is the last time I order from them. I try to spread my purchases between Rocky-Road and Indy4x because I want to keep the few Isuzu aftermarket support places in business, but simply put, this is not good. They really need to stock parts for immediate shipping or don't sell them at all. IMO places like this should order replacement stock, not order from ARB when they get orders. It's just bad business, imo.

Just my 2cents.

Bart

Well, Rocky-Road just called me to give me an update, they said my ship date still looks good for April 28 and I should have my gear by the end of the month.

You know, I really can't complain about their customer service. Always nice and they always get the info. I just wish they would stock stuff. But I do understand why they don't, to a point.

They are good guys though, so I don't want to thrash too much.

Bart

I ordered a set of rear springs for my dad's amigo for his b-day (tom4bren) from rocky road nearly two weeks and they just got shipped off yesterday, I contacted the shop from the local number Zeus provided and they did say that there was an employee that had passed away and so they have been delayed by a couple of weeks.

Yessssssss!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.