Thread: i need a fan :-(

i need a fan :-(

Awhile back I replaced the mechanical fan with a dual stage electric fan. Helped with the overheating during the summer months and all was good. Until it caught fire this morning. So I want to go back to mechanical I think. Thoughts on where to get one? And I got the fire out before it spread it started at the fuse block for the fans that was next to the drivers side headlight. It melted some of that plastic but lights still work at least. Not sure of any other damage yet.

Sevetal people parting out VXs here. Drop them a message to see if the have what you need.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Paul, is that you...???
    "Cast away the unessential to find the essence..."

Yep it's me haven't been on here in forever. But when my fan died I knew this was my best bet to get the parts I needed.

How did you have the fan hooked up to the fuse block? I have been running an electric fan via fan controller with 3 different fan setups for the past 4 years.

It was the electric fans fuse box that caught fire. In theory k could just replace the wiring and the control module (it's a little crispy) and the fan would still work.

so my fan was able to warrantied out. and the guys at the part store love my truck enough they were able to swap the control module out too. now just to hook everything back up with the new parts. and hope it never does it again. I am however buying a fire extinguisher just in case though.

Did you melt anythig other than the aftermarket plastic parts? I have a fuse box that i got and i don't see needing it. I also have the cut up wiring harnes. This came free with some other parts from a local salvage junkie that sold me a door. If you need something take a picutre and I can see if it is in the boxes of stuff i got and send it to you for the cost of shipping.
    Glad to hear that the guys took care of you. that is rare now days.