Thread: cash for vehicross

cash for vehicross

hi everyone if you have a vehicross or you know of anyone who is selling one I am interested in buying one and will make a cash offer

you can contact me on- dt309@hotmail.com
    or- 07825877675

regards

Quote Originally Posted by davidt2302 View Post
    hi everyone if you have a vehicross or you know of anyone who is selling one I am interested in buying one and will make a cash offer

you can contact me on- dt309@hotmail.com
    or- 07825877675

regards
    Hello and welcome,

There was one for sale on e-bay a while ago that was in Ireland.

Just checked there looks to be a very good one in dark red on e-bay low mileage and looks to be in good condition
    Last edited by David Wiltshire : 03/20/2014 at 06:56 AM

thank you I have seen the red one and have put an offer in but he has someone else who made the same offer 1st so im waiting for him to let me know if it is still available .

by the way can you get a towbar for them

and what are they like mpg wise

regards

thank you I have seen the red one and have put an offer in but he has someone else who made the same offer 1st so im waiting for him to let me know if it is still available .

by the way can you get a towbar for them

and what are they like mpg wise

regards
    Must admit it does look very nice, I expect our USA based friends are best to advise you on tow bars I haven't found a good source of parts in the UK in all the years I've owned one.
    Don't expect that good a fuel consumption I run mine on V-Power as they are happier with higher octane I'd guess 20-25 mpg.

If you do buy it I strongly recommend the Rancho shock upgrade it transforms the car VX KAT very kindly sourced and sorted it for me which was very helpful.
    Last edited by David Wiltshire : 03/23/2014 at 10:17 AM

v

excellent I have been looking for one for a bit I had one about 4 years ago . is there anything I should check when I go to view one

regards

Common problems are the windows mine are on my to-do list hopefully they won't have burnt out motors but I think the fuse goes and protects the motors.
    Mine had a problem with the heater fan and this can be sorted by buying the control unit so check out the heater/air-con fan works on low and full.
    At 41K miles I doubt there will be any transmission problems but it may be worth having a look through the buyers guide on this forum as there are people on this forum who have probably forgotten more than I'll ever know as they say.
    Wouldn't do any harm to ask the seller on e-bay if there are any problems with windows etc

... by the way can you get a towbar for them
    The US version is not set up to tow it 4 down since we don't have a neutral position on our transfer case.

However ...

I have a special set up on mine that allows for towing. I have lock-out hubs up front & a quick disconnect on the driveshaft.

I made a set of brackets to attach a standard towbar to mine. They are fairly simple angle brackets that bolt to the frame where the OEM tow hooks were mounted.

I'd be happy to take some pix of the brackets if you need them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Did you buy the one on e-bay?

i have a tow bar on mine and it tows fine. i only really pull a jetski and always in RWD. My tyres are a bit on the big side but they work fine and it had enough tourque to get up to speed very quickly. only problem is, when the speedo says 30 you are doing about 50!!!

Quote Originally Posted by *albino*batman* View Post
    i have a tow bar on mine...
    OT I know, but out of curiosity, do the Euro rain deflectors on the doors ACTUALLY keep water from coming in the window if it's rolled down a little when you're driving in the rain?

I have the smaller U.S. version on my VX, and while they're probably better than having NOTHING on the door when it's raining, if anything, the wind turbulence while driving seems to HELP water ride up on the underside of the deflectors then fling it over the top of the window glass and into the cabin.

[Frustrated infomercial guy] There's gotta be a better way!!! [/Frustrated informercial guy]

Quote Originally Posted by *albino*batman* View Post
    i have a tow bar on mine and it tows fine.
    Please 'scuse the language barrier. I talk US, not UK.

I thought he was asking about at towbar to tow the VX behind another vehicle.

In regard to hitches, here in the US you can get them from KURT, Dylan, or U-Haul (as far as I know, they are all made by KURT).

Welder Guy is still making the hidden version that tucks up under the rear cladding so that only the receiver shows. He's slow so I dropped one off at an Off Road shop to see if they'd make them too.