Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Klearz lenses with flakes added to resin

Klearz lenses with flakes added to resin

I've been using my Clear w/white housing lenses for a while now. The driver side, however, keeps popping out. It appears that the "little arm" that holds it in place isn't long enough or something. Not sure how this is, since I used it with no problems for years. Soooo I go to their site to order a new set and I see where they can "add flakes to the resin" for special effects. They also say that "it's impossible to picture properly" so I'm assuming that it looks really cool when you're really looking at it in person.

I did a search in the forum for anyone who posted about having a set that has "flakes added to the resin". I also didn't see anything where anyone had played with different colors (as they also can do that as well)...

Just wondering, has anyone ordered a "colored" lens OR even better... lenses with the flakes in the resin?

check it out

http://www.klearz.com/colors.html
    ---------

Ty

I'll take that as a no ... lol

Odd though... I've emailed them 2 times over the course of 10 days to purchase 2 sets... an NO replies

Wish they had a phone number

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I sent an Email this morning and got a response in about 45 minutes...

The response was from Jason at info@klearz.com
    Last edited by Mile High VX : 01/18/2014 at 08:16 AM
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

He can make a set for my Dragon with this for $100 plus $16 shipping...ouch a little but they would be awesome...

Last edited by Mile High VX : 01/18/2014 at 09:06 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I sent an Email this morning and got a response in about 45 minutes...

The response was from Jason at info@klearz.com

That's weird...

Email 1 that I sent:
    Hi,

I've purchased 2 sets of lenses from you before and love them. For some reason, however, my driver side lens will not stay in place (Clear Side Markers). It was always "loose" but it never came out and now it pops out quite frequently. I would like to order a new set of clear w/white housing, but I also saw that you all can add flakes in the resin. I was thinking, that would be really nice looking. How do I add that option when I purchase?

If it is really a big difference, I would also be interested in ordering a new set of Clear Turn Signals w/the flakes added. I have a set of these now, nothing wrong with them at all, but if the "look" is that much different, then I may be interested in a set of these too.

Thank you
    Tyler

Email 2 sent
    Hi,

I'd like to order a set. I've already emailed but have had no reply yet.

Thank you
    Tyler
    502.xxx.xxxx

And still no response

And btw... those do look good. That's what I want but... I'm not sure what would look better with the flakes....A clear w/white housing or clear w/black housing?

I sent yet another email asking for help on ordering 2 sets of lenses with flakes and again left my phone number as well...

Hopefully I'm not on some sort of black list or something lol man....

If you have posted your complete email here, I don't see any mention of what vehicle you want the lenses for.
    You know, and we know, but do they know??

If not, they might be scratching their head with a WTF moment.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

dont know about the flakes but i have the same problem with my passengers side marker. It popes out because the little leg isnt long enough. Im about to just superglue it.

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    If you have posted your complete email here, I don't see any mention of what vehicle you want the lenses for.
    You know, and we know, but do they know??

If not, they might be scratching their head with a WTF moment.

PK

The subject for the first 2 emails was:
    New Order for Lenses for Isuzu VehiCross

The subject for the 3rd email was:
    VX Lenses Needed

The latest email was sent yesterday at 1:20pm EST:

Subject:
    VehiCross Lenses with Flakes Needed

Email:
    Hi

I have tried to order what I need, but the site is not allowing me. I want to order 2 sets of lenses for my VX, but the site only allows you to order 1 set per transaction and there's no option to have "flakes added to the resin". Can you help me please?

Thank you
    Tyler Ramage
    502.xxx.xxxx

And... still no response. I mean you would THINK that I would at least get a reply...right? An email reply or a phone call? Why would someone NOT want you to buy something from their business... I'm really really confused.

I'm convinced "they" don't like me for some reason??? I have no other explanation, especially since Jason had replied to Mile High very quickly...

I've ordered some 3 sets from them by now and NEVER had any kind of problem at all. It was just like shopping from amazon.com. But now... I'm completely and totally confused.

I know this is weird, but if there is no response in another week or so (since its not time crucial)... would someone else help in obtaining these?

They only do business with Yankees?
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Mile High VX.... THAAAAAANK YOU!!!

I asked Mile High if he would help put me in contact with Jason at Klearz... within a few hours.... Jason was emailing me...

and there's a bonus... Jason added the option of having "flakes in the resin" to the website so that others can order this in the future...

Our convo...

-------------
    Hello,

"Mile High VX" let me know that you have been trying to get in touch with me regarding some custom markers and or turn signals for your VX? I'm not sure where the problem is, but I haven't received any emails from you to this point, hopefully you will receive this email.
    I can help you out with custom VX turn signals/markers in any color you'd like including pearl effects. Just let me know what you are looking for and we can go from there.

Thanks,
    Jason
    klearz.com

-------------
    Jason,

Thank you very much, I appreciate you getting back with me. I have purchased several sets from you before and I am a happy customer. However one of my clear lens front side markers the actual housing is not holding to the vehicle very well. The little arm that is on the back of the housing appears to not be long enough, just a tiny tiny hair short. I want to order another set so that it will stick up against the side of the car and I would like to have flakes added to the resin as you show on the website it looks really cool. That is what I'm looking for at the moment. Once I get these if I think the look is really cool then I will get a set of front markers but for now I just need a set of the clear sides with white housing with the flakes added to the resin. How do I proceed?

Ty

-------------
    Hello,

Glad the email worked this time. Not sure what he problem was before. Sorry to hear that the current side marker is giving you a bit of trouble. Of all the lenses I've made over the years, these have been the most difficult. I have the process for them pretty well nailed down though, the fitment on a new set should be good for you. You can order the pearl flake clear lenses on the website. I just added the option to the VX side markers. In the dropdown box for Lens... select diamond pearl. I'm heading out of town for the weekend, but I can get these made and shipped out for you early next week. If you have any other questions just let me know. Thanks again for the repeat business, I really appreciate it.

Jason
    klearz.com

THANK YOU MILE HIGH

Coming to a VX in my garage

Will post pics once received and installed...stay tuned...

i used to have a bass boat that color - cool

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    i used to have a bass boat that color - cool
    Yeah, but isn't a bassboat in that color at some point in life a legal requirement for ALL Hoosiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Yeah, but isn't a bassboat in that color at some point in life a legal requirement for ALL Hoosiers?
    i believe you are correct sir