Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: St Charles online Parts Catalog is dead :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

St Charles online Parts Catalog is dead :(

I'm not sure if this is known yet... but I tried St Charles' site for parts and this is what I got...

http://www.stcharlesautoparts.com/

I saw someone else talk about it on www.planetisuzoo.com and checked for myself...

I'm over here freaking out ... I mean it knew that it's inevitable... but...
    ---------

Ty

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Vixer Fixer

It gets worse... I just talked with them... I'm looking for a new set of headlights and he said they are "0" sets in the U.S. and they are listed as backorder, however he said "I can't really talk much about details, but we all knew this was coming and it looks like a REALLY BIG BLOW to the Isuzu community just happened. The support literally dwindled to almost nothing just in the last few weeks. The main reason is that Isuzu was waiting for the last of the warranties and extended warranties to run out, and they did at the first of the year. So now it looks like this is probably the end. Whatever is left in stock, that's it...no more. And any "backorder" items are VERY LIKELY to never make it and MANY more parts are now listed as "discontinued" just recently".

Since headlights, front grill, cladding, etc. are VERY COMMON parts to have to replace (accidents, chips/dings, etc.), AND because of the fact that there is still a pretty lively group of VX owners... is it remotely possible that SOMEHOW we can find a solution (aside from junkyards)??? Does anyone have contacts with ANYONE from Isuzu that would have schematics, or other info that a company would need to recreate some of this stuff??? Is there ANY WAY AT ALL?

I have spent 2 freakin years and almost $45,000 on my VX (vx, motor, paint, mods, tools, memorabilia, etc.) and I still don't have it on the road yet. I didn't come this far to leave it sit in a garage because I'm scared of someone hitting me on the road....

I am SERIOUSLY distraught over this. For real... my stomach is doing flips

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    X2
    Took mine in Monday.CV boot was torn(just recently so joint was still in perfect shape)They usually just trade out the whole half-shaft,quicker and easier,but THIS time they couldn't find one So they replaced the boots like in the old days. Works great! just pay more in labor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    X2
    Took mine in Monday.CV boot was torn(just recently so joint was still in perfect shape)They usually just trade out the whole half-shaft,quicker and easier,but THIS time they couldn't find one So they replaced the boots like in the old days. Works great! just pay more in labor
    Color me confused.

If you follow the boot replacement process in the How2 section, 'boot only' replacement labor is about 1/2 of half shaft swap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Color me confused.

If you follow the boot replacement process in the How2 section, 'boot only' replacement labor is about 1/2 of half shaft swap.
    Well...I never work on my own cars...too much trouble...no tools ect
    Plus I have to keep my hands purdy and soft lol being a massage therapist
    But like Evilcutter said most places won't do boots.
    That was the first time in 10 years somebody did the boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    X2
    im proud to say that as a very amateur mechanic i changed all 4 boots myself (the second two i had an extra set of hands making it much easier) - when i called places to ask if they could do it for me noone would even consider it unless i bought new axles - could not find anyone (at an actual business) that would change just the boots

side note: im pretty sure ldub found an aftermarket axle replacement from suretrak that seem to be doing well for people as a replacement for stock

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Time to pick up that second VX as a donor car, it's all downhill from here...

Lehman vehicross has the same Schematics that St. Charles used, but having the parts is another question. But at least you can find the part #'s you need.

I ordered a new front bumper bar and a fuel filter online in November, and the order has been in "Processing" status ever since. I assumed that meant back-order, but it probably meant, "we really don't give a $#!!". I never did call because it wasn't a high priority and it was one of those "If I get it fine, if not... oh, well" kind of things. Oh, well...
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I ordered a new front bumper bar and a fuel filter online in November, and the order has been in "Processing" status ever since. I assumed that meant back-order, but it probably meant, "we really don't give a $#!!". I never did call because it wasn't a high priority and it was one of those "If I get it fine, if not... oh, well" kind of things. Oh, well...
    Dubl G,

There's an Isuzu truck place on Rt 1 in Lorton. I need to stop in there on my way home one day to see if they can order VX parts.

Supposedly Liberty Truck in F'burg can still order parts for them as well ... but I haven't actually tried them (2 years ago they said they could get me OEM half shafts).

Tom

In the exact same boat with bumper reinforcement. My drivers side completely rusted through and broke away. Was hoping to replace but "pending" now sounds more like "wish list".
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    In the exact same boat with bumper reinforcement. My drivers side completely rusted through and broke away. Was hoping to replace but "pending" now sounds more like "wish list".
    You may be in luck. I just got off the phone will Phil. It seems that my "on-line" order in November fell into a giant hole because the web site company was "off-line" for a week or so, and orders never got transferred to St. Charles for processing. Phil did some research and said that there were TWO bumper reinforcement bars still in the country, and I ordered one for the on-line price of $275. "Should be to you within a week." If you want the last one, better call FAST!!

You may be in luck. I just got off the phone will Phil. It seems that my "on-line" order in November fell into a giant hole because the web site company was "off-line" for a week or so, and orders never got transferred to St. Charles for processing. Phil did some research and said that there were TWO bumper reinforcement bars still in the country, and I ordered one for the on-line price of $275. "Should be to you within a week." If you want the last one, better call FAST!!
    I actually ordered mine through Scarff ISUZU. Almost 90% of my parts in the past came through them. Never had a single issue. I will contact them today and see what's up with the order.